Audio By Carbonatix
Reggae/Dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy has revisited his brawl with Shatta Wale at the 2019 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards brawl.
Speaking on The Breakfast Club on New York-based radio station Power FM he said that he has always been defensive especially when he is attacked.
Hence, when Shatta Wale attempted to climb the VGMA stage with a crew while Stonebwoy accepted his award, the ‘Everlasting’ hitmaker said that he was not going to stand by idle.
“Naturally, I am quickly defensive and we have been having this beef for years. I don’t even know where it is stemming from but that is how that brother moved at that period attacking everybody,” he said.
Stonebwoy added that “to step on that stage to do whatever was not something we were going to accept and if he came alone then we could probably understand.”
😳 It went down at the #VGMAs 👀 @stonebwoy shares what happened . 📶🆙
— The Breakfast Club (@breakfastclubam) January 31, 2023
.
Follow @breakfastclubam pic.twitter.com/8TmP4XMIZ5
Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale were banned indefinitely from participating in the VGMAs after an altercation between them marred the 2019 edition.
The ‘Activate’ hitmaker was on stage accepting the Reggae/Dancehall artiste award for the fifth time in a row when Shatta Wale attempted to move to the stage.
His reason for going was unknown especially since he moved with some members of the Shatta Movement. He had also been having beefs with Stonebwoy thus his action left people stunned.
A brawl later ensued and Stonebwoy brandished a gun. Shatta Wale later said that he was going to congratulate Stonebwoy.
Meanwhile, following the brawl the former rivals were also stripped of the awards they won on the night and asked to return the plaques they had been given.
In 2021 the board has internally agreed to lift its ban on Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy ahead of the 2021 edition of the show.
But the two did not submit any work that year. In 2022 Stoneboy did submit his work and won the Reggae Dancehall artiste of the year.
Shatta Wale however did not do so.
Latest Stories
-
African AI Governance Index launches first continental AI intelligence platform
2 minutes -
Burkina Faso attack exposes gaps in Ghana’s security preparedness – Ntim Fordjour
9 minutes -
Assaults on teachers will attract severe consequences – Education Ministry warns
19 minutes -
Fire destroys heritage train at Ibrahim Mahama’s Red Clay Studio in Tamale
20 minutes -
Government seeks to rename NIB as BNI to avoid confusion – Interior Minister Muntaka
23 minutes -
High costs, no water and unemployment threatening industrial growth, says AGI president
24 minutes -
Gov’t to raise GH₵30bn through syndicated domestic bond to bail COCOBOD – Sagnarigu MP
33 minutes -
Brake failure claims life of trader in Kaase Gas tanker crash
37 minutes -
Majority, Minority clash over bill to revert NIB name to BNI and overhaul National Security structure
43 minutes -
Water crisis disrupting production – AGI president warns industrialisation at risk
49 minutes -
Office of Ga Mantse breaks silence on accident
50 minutes -
COCOBOD debt exceeded assets under NPP – Otokunor
56 minutes -
Samson Ahi labels Sehwi Wiawso cocoa protest politically engineered; points fingers at NPP
1 hour -
Adongo accuses Akufo-Addo’s appointees of mismanaging COCOBOD; says they need ‘whipping’
1 hour -
Trade Ministry denounces terror attack on Ghanaian traders in Burkina Faso
1 hour
