The Ashanti Regional Police Command is investigating a 24-year-old man who allegedly attempted to kidnap a five-year-old female child at Patasi, a suburb of Kumasi.
Michael Akwasi Agyemang, the suspect, currently in police custody, was reportedly arrested through the vigilance of some members of the community.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Godwin Ahianyo, the Regional Police Public Relations Officer (PRO), told the Ghana News Agency (GNA), Kumasi, that the timely arrival of the police on Tuesday, August 24, saved the suspect from being lynched by an angry mob.
According to police preliminary investigations, the suspect was allegedly sent by one Eric, a purported member of a kidnapping syndicate.
ASP Ahianyo said the child was doing well and had since been reunited with her parents.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- 1$ now ¢12.50 as cedi continues good run against dollar
- Man admits treason charge over Queen crossbow threat
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy S23 Series
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- We do not have BoG forex rates, what we publish are indicative – 1st Deputy Governor
- Watch Akufo-Addo dance with Zanetor Rawlings
- Ghana Armed Forces deny allegations of killings in Bawku
- ‘I don’t want to think I’m powerful’ – Ameyaw Debrah
- ‘Partey is still a doubt for the Everton game’ – Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Krobea Asante violent disturbances: 43 suspects granted bail
- Security experts advise risk assessment to avert reprisals at Kofrom
- Schools in Tema yet to receive JHS Two textbooks – GNAT
- Use Mid-Year Budget Review to cut expenditure to complement DDEP – Prof. Mensah