Government Treasury bills sale were oversubscribed by 75% to the tune of ¢5.06 billion.
According to the auction result published by the Bank of Ghana, participation of the 91-day T-bill was almost to the tune of ¢3 billion.
Indeed, the 91-day and the 364-day bills recorded immense investor participation.
Whilst the 3-months received bids of about ¢2.93 billion, that of the one-year bill got bids worth about ¢1.46 billion. All the bids were, however, accepted by the government.
For the 182-day bill, all the bids of about ¢665 million were accepted.
Meanwhile, interest rates retreated further for the third week running.
Whilst the yield on the 91-day T-bill went down marginally by 0.12% to 35.54%, the six months bill also fell by 0.16% to 35.84%.
The interest rate on the 364-day bill also stood at 34.12%.
|Securities||Bids Tendered (GH¢)||Bids Accepted (GH¢)|
|91-day||2.93 billion||2.93 billion|
|182-day||665.99 million||665.99 million|
|364-day||1.46 billion||1.46 billion|
|Total||5.067 billion||5.067 billion|
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Rastafarian student nearly rejected by Achimota School may represent them at NSMQ
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Can Gyekye-Quayson lawfully run as an MP in the Assin-North bye-election? (Kwaku Azar writes)
- Nottingham Forest release Andre Ayew
- ‘If NPP can get a consensus candidate, it’ll help us tremendously’ – Hackman
- 1V1D: Government spent averagely ¢670k on each of the ‘dried dams’ – Research
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Man jailed 4 years for leaving fatally injured girlfriend in car
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances
- Supreme Court ruling will protect the independence of constitutional bodies – Martin Kpebu
- Accord Bawumia constitutional dignity – NPP flagbearer aspirants urged
- Anthrax outbreak: One reported dead, others infected at Binduri
- Chris Hughton is a great guy and we are excited to work under him – Tariq Lamptey
- Ghanaian now Mayor of Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
- MSport Football Challenge: Road to final 2023
- BECE will not be cancelled – GES Boss
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful steps down
- Ken Ofori-Atta sues Captain Smart ¢10m for defamation
- Deloitte Ghana’s volunteer day impacts 10,000 students
- Government committed to a swift revival of economy – Ofori-Atta to foreign investors
- Biden says debt ceiling deal averted ‘economic collapse’
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses Supreme Court ruling on Domelevo, NPP flagbearer race
- Soo, Wasipe hostilities: Mahama calls for urgent intervention of Overlords of Mamprugu and Gonjaland
- Comfort Yeboah