You get the feeling that when Tim Cook gets up on stage later this evening, there won’t be much left for him to reveal.
Apple has been hit with a series of leaks in recent weeks, detailing all the new products it plans to unleash on the world.
Now, with just hours to go, pictures have emerged on Chinese social media of a seemingly finished iPhone XS unit.
And it certainly looks a little familiar. Some say the new phone will be slightly thicker with a larger rear camera. But we can’t really tell the difference from these snaps.
Completely separately, it appears that dogged Apple fans from a German website called AllThings.how have combed through Apple’s own site to confirm the final names of these devices.
They grabbed a product sitemap XML file being hosted on Apple.com that showed the new devices will be called the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR.
So, that appears to be a nail in the coffin for the rumoured ‘iPhone XS Plus’ and ‘iPhone XC’ names, then, which were widely rumoured to be the monikers of the gadgets.
Tonight’s event is being held at the Steve Jobs Theatre within Apple Park and will start at 6pm UK time.
We’re expecting more of an iterative update than a revolutionary design change. So expect similar looking devices to last year’s iPhone X with a few internal upgrades.
A faster chipset, better camera system and bigger battery may be among some of the biggest changes.
As well as new iPhones, Apple is also expected to reveal a new Apple Watch model and possibly some new versions of the iPad Pro and the Macbook Air.
In addition to new models, Apple is also expected to unveil a gold-colour option for the two new OLED-screened phones, a new version of its wireless Airpods earbuds with wireless charging and a new version of its Apple Watch with a bigger display.
It also is expected to release a wireless charging mat that will be able to charge several devices at once.
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Top 15 free movie download websites for 2019
- Instagram's most-liked post is now just an egg, sorry Kylie Jenner
- Ghanaian researchers introduce new vitamin A improved, orange-coloured maize
- 20 Ghanaian women to be selected for tech start-up
- Russia loses control of orbiting Spektr-R space telescope
- Apple planning to release three new iPhones in 2019
- Chinese schools track students with GPS-enabled “smart uniforms”
- Hacklab Foundation to Extend IBM Digital - Nation Africa Program to Ghanaian Youth
- Mark Zuckerberg wants to save the world from problems he helped create
- Breath-test gadgets tell you what to eat
- Samsung adds rival Apple's iTunes to TVs
- Japanese billionaire's 'free cash' tweet smashes Twitter's retweet record
- CES 2019: Tech preview of the expo's hottest new gadgets
- What 2019 holds for Facebook
- Why your iPhone, Android phone will cost more in 2019