A leaked promotional image may have just given us our first look at Samsung’s rumoured upcoming true wireless earbuds.
In the images posted by WinFuture, the “Galaxy Buds” (as a trademark application and Bluetooth certification suggest they’ll be called) can be seen sitting on the rear of what appears to be a Galaxy S10 handset.
This positioning might not be a coincidence.
According to an earlier rumour from SamMobile, the unannounced S10 will be able to wirelessly charge other devices using a technology called “PowerShare.”
It’s a similar feature to what we saw with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and its FreeBuds 2 Pro Wireless earphones.
Much as the Galaxy Watch wasn’t Samsung’s first smartwatch, the Galaxy Buds won’t be its first true wireless earbuds (hello 2016’s Gear IconX).
Instead, they’re another step toward unifying much of the company’s lineup under the Galaxy brand, and away from the Gear branding of yesteryear. At least the Gear VR isn’t going anywhere… right, guys?
Have your say
More Technology Headlines
- Twitter users rise as firm targets abuse
- Millions using 123456 as password, security study finds
- How to protect your privacy on YouTube
- How to declutter your inbox and unsubscribe from unwanted emails
- KNUST students develop gas leakage detector that operates via SMS alert
- Facebook copied email contacts of 1.5m users
- Meet the firefighting robot that helped save Notre Dame
- Vodafone empowers students in Blockchain technology
- Machine learning will become a reality in the near future - ACCA report
- Game of Thrones suffers Apple TV glitch
- Facebook tests merging its News Feed and Stories into a single interface
- Gov't agencies owe NITA GH¢13m
- Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp suffer outages
- 'World's largest plane' lifts off for the first time
- It cost Facebook $22 million to keep Mark Zuckerberg safe last year