The Deputy Education Minister, John Ntim Fordjour, has sternly condemned Excellence Publications for publishing a textbook that vilifies content on Christianity.
In a tweet on Thursday, Mr Fordjour who doubles as MP for Assin South described the content in the textbook titled ‘History of Ghana for Basic Schools’, as obnoxious and misconceived.
While condemning the book’s appalling nature, he criticized its presence in the market, where unsuspecting learners may encounter misleading material.
“I condemn entirely the rather obnoxious content found in a textbook published by ‘Excellence Publications’ and smuggled into the market for unsuspecting learners. The content is appalling and misconceived,” parts of his tweet read.
The Deputy Minister further commended the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) swift recall of the books on the market.
He further emphasised on the crucial role of religion in the country, thus, urging writers to deal with the topic cautiously.
“Ghana is most peaceful for a reason, and the important place of religion cannot be undermined,” he said.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’
- CPA Secretary-General meets Leadership of Parliament