Research has found that you need something interesting every 10 minutes, that sparks you emotionally to stay focused of a particular subject.
The human attention span continues to shrink down to an average of 8 seconds down to 4 seconds within 15 years.
Its a wonder to know what will be left as old age catches up with us and our priorities change and multiply.
What makes this shrinking exercise so exciting? Normally it should be a problem but to every problem is an opportunity.
The beauty in this is that our unassured attention span teaches us in prioritizing and giving due attention to what is important, If something matters, all lengths are explored to gain most knowledge from it, even if it takes hours.
Like watching a movie we are interested in, paying full attention to the lyrics of a song we love, attending to a lecture we love. Such activities can not be quantified in such a manner.
Most movies we watch on Crime such as CSI Miami and the likes that drive suspense in us keeps us excited, although we do not know the whole story yet, we are so involved, as confused as we can possibly be, we keep our attention right where it is, i.e The Movie
How we apply our attention to different tasks depends very much on the importance individuals bring to that situation.
We’ve got a wealth of information in our heads about what normally happens in given situations, what we can expect. And those expectations and our experience directly mould what we see and how we process information in any given time.
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Akuapem Poloo appeals 90-day jail sentence
2 drug traffickers excrete 191 pellets of cocaine, heroin at Nigerian airport
Japan Motors launches New Nissan Sunny in Ghana
Security man in trouble for allegedly defiling 4-year-old girl
NIC commends Allianz Insurance and UBA on bancassurance partnership
WHO data shows taking vaccines 12 weeks after first dose more potent – Dr Kwame Amponsah-Achiano
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020
Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court