Audio By Carbonatix
Mohamed Salah says it is his "last year" at Liverpool and that nobody at the club has talked to him about a new contract.
The 32-year-old, whose current deal at Anfield is set to expire next summer, scored in the Reds' thumping 3-0 win at Manchester United on Sunday.
Salah said afterwards he had treated the match like it was his last at Old Trafford.
"I was coming to the game, I was saying, 'look, it could be the last time'," he told Sky Sports.
"Nobody in the club talked to me yet about contracts so I was just like, 'OK, I play my last season and see at the end of the season'.
"I feel I am free to play football – we will see what happens next year.”
When asked about Salah's comments, manager Arne Slot said: "It's a lot of 'if'. At this moment he is one of ours and I am really happy with him being one of ours and he played really well.
"I don't talk about contracts from players but I can talk for hours about how Mo played today."
In July 2022, Salah signed a new three-year deal, making him reportedly the highest paid player in the club's history, on more than £350,000 a week.
Liverpool rejected a £150m offer from Al-Ittihad for Salah last September.
Latest Stories
-
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
12 minutes -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
14 minutes -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
22 minutes -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
26 minutes -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
31 minutes -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
48 minutes -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
53 minutes -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
57 minutes -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
58 minutes -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
59 minutes -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
1 hour -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
1 hour -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
2 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund begins grassroots field assessment in Volta North, uncovers talent and infrastructure gaps
2 hours -
Persons with disabilities are not objects of pity — Volta Social Welfare Director urges mindset shift
2 hours
