Three people have died in a motorbike accident at Yaw Bronya in the Bosome Freho District of the Ashanti Region.
The deceased include two males, Augustine Annor, a lotto agent and Kwame Reuben, an ‘okada’ rider. The other female victim, believed to be in her late sixties, is yet to be identified.
Sources say Augustine Annor engaged the services of Kwame Reuben to transport him to Foase in line of duty.
The motorbike, which moved at top speed, lost balance after hitting a pothole on the road. It therefore ran into a female pedestrian who was crossing the road.
All three victims died on the spot.
The bodies of the deceased have since been deposited at the morgue for autopsy and preservation.
According to Assembly member for Tebeso Electoral Area, Adomako Mensah, the area has recorded a series of motorbike accidents due to over speeding.
He says many motorists ignore road safety precautions.
“They refuse to wear the helmet. Most of these deaths could have been avoided by the use of helmets,” he said.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Chris Hughton told me Baba Yara pitch is one of the best he’s seen – NSA Boss
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile