Tino Solutions Limited together with its global partners Victron Energy, Fronius International and Jinko Solar have donated two solar systems to the University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) in Sunyani.
The Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) solar company based in Accra made the donation as part of its corporate social responsibility for 2019.
The two solar systems currently supply electricity to the laboratory of the Engineering Department of the University.
At a ceremony to commission and hand over the systems, CEO of Tino Solutions, Postino Dugle shared why UENR was chosen as a benefiting institution for the donation.
“After scouting many universities and polytechnics, we considered UENR as the most deserving of our investment in renewable solar equipment in their laboratory to aid practical teaching and learning.
“Their departments focus on the teaching of renewable energy courses compared to other institutions and that motivates us.”
The 2kwp off-grid and on-grid systems installed will offer lecturers and students of the Engineering faculty the opportunity to study and appreciate the difference between off-grid and on-grid PV systems.
On behalf of the over 120 engineering students, the Dean of the Engineering Department, Head of Engineering Department, senior lecturers all present at the ceremony, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Harrison Dapaah expressed gratitude to the company.
“We are very happy to receive this from Tino Solutions and we are grateful. Every now and then, we have to transport our students to KNUST for practicals but with this system, it means they can stay back and play around the systems installed.
“We consider this support as the beginning of many collaborations ahead,” he said.
After a brief explanation of the system design and how it works, the systems were handed over to the department.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Nursing aide gets 7 life terms for killing 7 elderly VA patients with insulin
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
RTI Law is to empower citizens and to fight corruption – RTI Coalition
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field