Audio By Carbonatix
Two female correctional service officials have been dismissed after investigations into an explicit video which went viral last month showing one of the officials having sex with an inmate.
The incident took place at the Ncome correctional facility in KwaZulu-Natal.
In a statement on Wednesday, the correctional services department (DCS) said the official in the video, as well as her colleague who allowed her office to be used for the sexual act, were both dismissed after a disciplinary process.
DCS spokesperson Singabakho Nxumalo said the inmate involved was also not spared and had been reclassified into the maximum category.
“He lost privileges and has been moved to another facility. DCS wants to reiterate that coitus acts and other forms of sexual attachment or illicit romance between officials and inmates can never be allowed nor tolerated.
“The code of conduct is explicit and those found to have breached it will face the consequences. DCS will not hesitate to act against any form of transgressions,” said Nxumalo.
In March a viral video showing an alleged sexual act between a female warden and an inmate has sent shock waves across the country. The recording hit social media and thrust the department of correctional services into the spotlight.
Hidden cameras during sex? This can happen to anyone, not only reckless prison warders. Nizbheke! #PrisonWarder
— Shane Lepono (@MaShaneKura) March 17, 2021
Mara why bring phones when having sex , dlani sule umlomo Seyani i proof pic.twitter.com/em9Xc5B1wx
— Siwe (@Siwe02334196) March 18, 2021
The things that happen in South Africa 🤦🏻♂️ #PrisonWarder why would you mess around at work. Jobs are so scarce as it is. That’s an immediate dismissible offence.
— Niyaaz Moosa (@niyaazmoosa) March 18, 2021
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
2 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
2 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
2 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
2 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
2 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
2 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
2 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
2 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
2 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
2 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
3 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
3 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
3 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
3 hours