Black Meteors head coach, Ibrahim Tanko, has named a strong team for Ghana’s final U23 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier game against Algeria.
Ghana hosts Algeria at the Baba Yara Stadium in the second leg of the tie following a 1-1 draw in Annaba last week Friday, March 25.
Daniel Afriyie Barnieh starts the game for the Black Meteors after serving his suspension for a red card he picked during the CHAN tournament earlier this year.
The FC Zurich forward will play alongside Abdul Fatawu Issaku and FC Nordsjaelland’s Ernest Nuamah in the team’s attack.
Basel’s Emmanuel Essiam also makes the starting lineup while there is no place for Augustine Randolf who was penalised for Algeria’s equaliser in the first leg.
The game is scheduled to kick off at 16:00 GMT.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be different
- Uganda’s President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law
- Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour: An intergalactic explosion of fun
- Group calls for help to save Keta Kɔlebu Market
- 10 signs you’re in a toxic relationship with your job
- If these 5 things are happening, your relationship is already over
- Men who smile at women are sexist, says Science
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Menstrual hygiene: NDC Volta Regional Women’s Wing distributes pads to Ketasco girls