United Bank for Africa (UBA) Ghana has been awarded as the Best Remittance Bank of the year 2022 under the Innovation and Excellence Awards category at the recent Connected Banking West Africa Summit, 2022.
This award ceremony organised by International Center for Strategic Alliances (ICSA) and endorsed by the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) took place at the Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City, Accra.
The recognition comes as UBA continues to invest in its remittance platform to offer paramount service to its customers while achieving business growth.
Commenting on the award, Henry Nii Dottey, Head of Marketing & Corporate Communications at UBA Ghana who received the award on behalf of the Bank said, “We are very honoured to be presented the award as the ‘Best Remittance Bank of the year’.
“This shows that we are delivering on our promise to provide services that are quick, safe and secure, and meet the needs of today’s customer.”
He noted that ‘Africash’ and ‘UBA Connect’ products are unique in the market and allows customers to send and receive money across Africa in addition to the other International Money Transfer Organizations (IMTOs).
“This has surely been a good year for UBA Ghana, receiving one award after the other. It’s a testament to the innovative and excellent experience efforts invested into our banking solutions to make us the industry’s best.
“We will not relent on building our remittance platform and other solutions to ensure our valued customers continually and securely transfer and receive money across the world.”, says Mr Dottey.
The 6th edition of the Connected Banking West Africa Summit, 2022 was themed “Accelerating Financial Inclusion Through Digital Adoption” and brought together leaders and experts from the banking industry.
- Review e-levy rate to 0.5% with ¢300 daily threshold – Minority tells government
- Government’s ban on use of V8s in Accra, a mere sloganeering – Dr Theo Acheampong
- MPs converge at Volta Serene Hotel for post-budget workshop
- One arrested, others on the run after allegedly murdering police officer
- After 5 years of repackaging, Skuuls Reunion returns today at El Wak Stadium
- Photos and videos: HITZ FM Skuuls Reunion underway at El Wak Sports Stadium
- Indonesian woman’s body found inside python, say reports
- Government must be commended for reducing e-levy rate – John Kumah
- Sights and sounds: ‘Jama’ session, exciting skaters kick-start Hitz Old Skuuls Reunion
- Ghana is not serious about social progression and inclusivity – Prof. Bokpin
- British Council urges student’s under IAU Programme to become good entrepreneurs
- LUV FM’s morning show team distributes about 1,000 pieces of sanitary pads to needy girls
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Mbappe scores twice as France reach knockout stage
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Tullow Ghana reaffirms commitment to grow indigenous capacities
- Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A Missed Opportunity
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- VP Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Gov’t promises more support to Ghana Police
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- Average lending rate hits 31.40% in October 2022 – BoG
- Lynx Entertainment unveils kids sensation Afrapa
- Ghana’s economic difficulties have forced me to eat more ‘gari and beans’ – Fameye