Rapper M.anifest, born Kwame Ametepee Tsikata, has dropped another banger titled LaVida.
“Livin’ la Vida Loca” is Spanish for “Livin’ the Crazy Life” in English.
In his intro hook the GodMc says “We living la vida loca in an old car, Up and down in Gotham streets yeah, I’m a joker’’.
The rapper in his old car immediately takes us to Gotham City a fictional city seen in the Batman movie franchise, M.anifest then identifies himself as the joker, a super-villain in the same movie.
If one were to ask a diehard fan of the DC Comics to use one word to describe the joker it would definitely be the word crazy.
In essence just like the insane joker, M.anifest is living the crazy life in his old drop-top which can be seen in his artwork.
In the first verse, he tells his audience how he fell in love with a princess with brown skin color, “I fell in love with a Cinderella, Chocolate chic taste like Nutella”.
He continues with “Tell her, she thinking Margiela.”
The quick Google search shows Maison Margiela, a French luxury fashion house headquartered in Paris by Belgian Designer Martin Margiela.
One could deduce that his Nutella tasting princess was thinking about fashion instead of listening to the rapper.
She might suspect the rapper of something because according to him, “Detective she on Marcella, Checking bottles in wine cellar.”
His princess is acting like a detective from the British Nordic–noir detective series, titled Marcella.
M.anifest’s lover is now in the wine cellar looking at the bottles, like Cabernet Sauvignon one of the world’s most widely recognized red wine grape varieties.
“Checking bottles in wine cellar
Like Cabernet Sauvignon”
The rapper now thinks of the time he fought with his Cinderella “Back back forth and forth, A bitter taste of when we fought, Back back all retorts,” but assures her better days are coming and they would go on holiday when he says “but better days we go dey resort”
A portion of the song is in the Twi dialect.
“Fɛfɛ na ɛfɛ nti na ɔbaa tu mirika ɔsɔ ne nufu mu,
Nyɛ sɛ ɛbɛ ti atɔ nti,” he said.
It is an adage in Ghana which loosely translates into;
“It’s the beauty of it that makes ladies embrace their breasts while they run, it’s not because breasts will fall off.”
In verse two the God MC reminds us of his journey on the road as he references the popular racing video game franchise ‘Need for Speed’.
Before the journey ends we are once again reminded about the type of car we were introduced to in the artwork and the first verse when he says, “Take you on road trip when you tripping…”
“…Top down in a vintage”
The song produced by ObedWorld since its release been sitting comfortably on the Twitter Trends, with fans once again amazed by the lyrical dexterity shown by the GodMC.
A 2-minute 50-seconds masterpiece ending with the hook that in essence tells us we are all crazy, living a crazy life, in a crazy world.
LaVida is now available for download and streaming on all digital platforms you can also check out the official video on YouTube.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- State institutions must raise red flags at the right time – Alhassan Andani
- GRASAG launches Graduate Research Trust Fund to support scientific and policy-oriented research for national development
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- ‘Little drops of the Word’ launched to help facilitate Christian children upbringing
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC
- Chinese employer allegedly slashes throat of Ghanaian employee
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- NIA called, begged 9 Ghanaians to come for their Ghana Cards after filing complaint in court – Sam George
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the survival of banks in economic crisis
- Mfantsipim Old Boys Association holds annual engagement series
- betPawa Premier League: Seydou Zerbo getting frustrated with Kotoko strikers
- Playback: Personality Profile hosts Zahara
- Recent frequent rainfall is not a new phenomenon – Chief Forecaster