Volta Regional Minister, Ford Kamel, has hinted that the region may be blessed with more minerals including uranium.
Kamel, who until his appointment, was Deputy Mines and Natural Resources Minister, said some studies conducted in the past confirmed the presence of abundant minerals in the region and he believes once work begins on extraction, the Volta Region will compete with the Western region which is currently home to Ghana’s oil production.
The regional Minister was speaking at the Golden Jubilee Celebration of the Lord’s Pentecostal Church International, at Peki.
“The European Union did a lot of studies. In this region there is a lot of gold, there is bauxite, there is uranium, even uranium the possibility is there.
“Then above all in the Keta Basin the oil that we have it is possible that the quality of oil that we have is even better than the Western Region.
Henry Ford Kamel said the Volta Region also has a huge potential for salt production which can serve the whole of West Africa.
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kumbour
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court
- Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
Twitter’s presence is vote of confidence in Ghana – Ursula Owusu Ekuful
Policy Rate of 14.5% still among highest in Africa
Singer Stone Gee supports Akuapem Poloo’s son
Ghana will find it expensive to borrow – Moody’s
European Super League created to ‘save football’ – Real Madrid president Florentino Perez
49 passengers on India-Hong Kong flight test positive for Covid
Access Bank partners with ScaleUp Africa to boost women’s empowerment, innovation and entrepreneurship
It’s shocking people still put a ‘premium’ on money to win elections – Kunbuor
Community Radio told off by Ofcom for playing ‘sexual moaning’ song at 8:20 am
Former US Vice President Walter Mondale dies at 93
Worawora Government Hospital calls for more blood donors
Thousands of Covid vaccines expire in South Sudan
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Quality healthcare at Upper West Regional Hospital impeded over lack of food supply
‘NDC not at crossroads but we are at a point where the roads are likely to cross’ – Kunbuor