Audio By Carbonatix
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has announced the release of results for the 2021 edition of the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).
A total of 572,167 candidates made up of 287,730 males and 284,437 females sat for the examination.
In a press release on February 28, the Council said the entire results of 46 candidates have been cancelled for the offence of either sending mobile phones into the examination hall or impersonation.
The Council further noted that the subject results of 138 candidates have also been cancelled for the offence of either bringing in foreign materials into the examination hall or colluding with other candidates.
Meanwhile, the subject results of 148 candidates and the entire results of 109 candidates have been withheld pending conclusion of investigations into their alleged cases of malpractice.
“The scripts of candidates from 24 schools in certain subjects are undergoing scrutiny. The withheld results of candidates may be cancelled or released based on the outcome of investigations,” portions of the statement stated.
Out of the total candidates who sat for the examination, 61 had visual impairment and 321 were identified with hearing impairment. In addition, 86 candidates had special assessment needs due to other conditions.
According to the Council, the total number of candidates for last year increased by 7.61% as compared to the number for 2020, which is 531,707.
In all, 18,028 schools presented candidates for the examination, which was administered at 2,158 centres. 7,315 representing 1.28% were absent out of the total number of candidates who registered for the exams.
The Council cautioned all stakeholders to be wary of fraudsters who promise to upgrade results for a fee.
Candidates can access their results online at the Council's website, www.waecgh.org or wait for the Metropolitan/Municipal/District Directors of Education to despatch results to their various schools.
Latest Stories
-
Willie Colón, trombonist who pioneered salsa music, dies aged 75
8 minutes -
Guardiola tells team to chill with cocktails as Man City pile pressure on Arsenal
43 minutes -
Majority blasts Minority over Burkinabe border bloodbath claims
2 hours -
Analyst says Burkina Faso killings were a calculated signal to Ghana
3 hours -
Veep extends Ramadan greetings, donates to Cape Coast Central Mosque
3 hours -
UBIDS secures $6.6m prefabricated classroom complex to end space deficit
5 hours -
Gold Fields Ghana Foundation deepens childhood cancer awareness drive; invests $4.8m in community health
5 hours -
Iran students stage first large anti-government protests since deadly crackdown
5 hours -
Fire guts Saboba Hospital’s Children Ward
6 hours -
Interior Ministry extends aptitude test dates for WASSCE applicants in 2025/26 security services recruitment
7 hours -
National Investment Bank donates GH₵1m to support GAF barracks redevelopment project
8 hours -
Gomoa-East demolition: 14 suspects remanded by Kasoa Ofaakor Court
9 hours -
Divers recover bodies of seven Chinese tourists from bottom of Lake Baikal
10 hours -
From windstorm to resilience: How Wa school is growing climate protection
10 hours -
Reclaiming the Garden City: Dr. Kwame Adinkrah urges Kumasi to rein in billboard proliferation
11 hours
