The Black Starlets defeated Ivory Coast 3-2 to claim the bronze medal in the WAFU Zone B U-17 tournament at the Cape Coast Stadium on Friday, June 24.
Ghana failed to secure a spot in next year’s U-17 Africa Cup of Nations in Algeria following a loss to Burkina Faso in the semi-final stage of the competition.
However, Paa Kwesi Fabin’s side ensured a positive finish to their campaign on Friday, securing bronze medal after beating neighbours Ivory Coast.
Abdul Rashid Adams scored to draw the Black Starlets levelled after Ivory Coast had taken the lead earlier in the game from the penalty spot.
Richard Apokum put Ghana in the lead after the recess before Makhete Moustaha N’Diaye equalised for Ivory Coast.
Abdul Razak Salifu scored in stoppage time, securing a 3-2 win and the bronze medal for Ghana.
In the final of the tournament, Nigeria beat Burkina Faso with a 2-1 scoreline.
- Ofori-Atta lauds giant step towards achieving climate prosperity
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Ama Governor opens up for the time since being reconsidered for the Bar
- BoG keeps policy rate unchanged at 30%
- Dr Norvishie Arkutu: Dealing with dental anxiety in oral health delivery
- There are lack of teachers, books for arts education in basic schools – Terry Bright Ofosu
- Nana Kwasi Gyan-Apenteng: Letter to European Commission President on Migrant Crisis
- Buildings demolition: Drobo chief accuses Japekrom Traditional Council, MUSEC of complicity
- COVID-19: Ghanaians urged to take vaccination exercise seriously
- Bill to remove 15% sanitary pad tax introduced
- Alan Kyerematen to speak on his political future today
- Raymond Acquah: Ada Radio’s Noah Dameh, a true hero of our time
- Total Mobile Money transactions hit ¢1.190trn in eight months of 2023 – BoG
- Entries open for 10th edition of Ghana CSR Excellence Awards
- You are a role model; you have transformed Ghana Airports Company – Deputy Transport Minister to MD
- Give women more leadership roles – Government told