New head coach at Hearts of Oak, Slavko Matic has been charged with guiding Hearts of Oak to a 22nd Premier League title.
The Serbian was unveiled by Togbe Afede XIV, Executive Chairman at the club, during a press conference, and takes over from David Ocloo who was appointed as an interim solution after Samuel Boadu’s exit.
At the unveiling, Togbe Afede indicated, besides overseeing a successful league campaign, Matic and Hearts have set sights on repairing damage caused in CAF competitions.
“Matic was a player himself, and has played in big clubs and in fact derives his confidence from the fact he has had to play under a lot of pressure during his playing days. So he comes to us with the experience of a player and coach. When he arrived at Hearts of Oak, he was very thrilled because he sees the club to be a high-pressure environment, one that he thinks he’ll thrive in best.
“We don’t typically set targets for our coaches. But one thing he knows is as far as Accra Hearts of Oak is concerned, failure to win the league is failure. So he knows that we expect him to win the league. He knows that we have Africa ambitions and so he has to be a part of that,”Togbe said at Matic’s unveiling.
With the Ghana Premier League still on suspension, it is still unknown when Matic will take charge of his first Premier League game as Hearts boss. Meanwhile, the Phobians will start their FA Cup defence after the conclusion of the preliminary round.
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Philanthropist provides 6-Unit classroom block to Lente-Wute Community Basic School
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- DWP USA was created to bring all cultures together
- School placement for BECE graduates to be released in February – Ministry of Education
- Gold for Oil deal lacks transparency; it must go before Parliament – Mahama
- School placement system must be overhauled – Dr Peter Anti
- Deborah Acquah qualifies for 2023 World Athletics Championships
- Pay Toure over GHC 100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- Gold for Oil deal: First consignment not enough for market – Research Analyst
- Police nab 4 over alleged robbery at Wassa Agona
- Stop National Cathedral project, cut-down government expenditure and leave our money alone -Nurses to government
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- NTDs in Ghana; Let’s act now, let’s act together, let’s invest in the fight!
- School placement for sale exposé: Culprits will be dealt with – Education Minister
- Dancers are footsoldiers of Afrobeats, their impact is huge – DWP Dance Academy US manager