Audio By Carbonatix
Inspector-General of Police (IGP), James Oppong-Boanuh has assured officers posted to the newly created Oti Region that measures are underway to provide the necessary logistics for their operations.
Speaking to JoyNews on the sidelines of his visit to the region on Monday, the IGP said although the region may not have an official police headquarters coupled with other challenges like lack of accommodation for officers, their grievances have been heard and all are being addressed.
He noted that he had earlier engaged with chiefs in various communities to provide temporary accommodation for officers who will be posted to their towns until the government provides them with official accommodation.
IGP Oppong-Boanuh then added that when all these challenges are solved, more officers can be posted to the region to ensure the enforcement of the law.
“I have seen drawings of the regional and district headquarters including the accommodations that government is going to put up here [Oti Region].
“Even last two weeks, I sent an estate officer here to come and assess the living conditions of the officers here, he has brought a report and we are going to act on it. So police officers at Oti Region should be rest assured that we have not forgotten them and we will never forget them, we will take care of their needs,” he stressed.
Touching on the upcoming elections, the IGP said security personnel for the election will be on top of their game to ensure everything runs smoothly hinting that “the policing of the elections will be done by uniformed officers.”
“Police officers, Ghana Fire Service, Ghana Prisons Service officers, Officers from the Customs Division of the GRA. The BNI will be helping us in the background, the military will also support us by way of rapid response and patrol.”
Latest Stories
-
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
5 minutes -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
18 minutes -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
22 minutes -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
29 minutes -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
1 hour -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
2 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
2 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
2 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
2 hours -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
2 hours -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
2 hours -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
3 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
4 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
4 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
4 hours