Ghanaian music duo DopeNation has expressed excitement for being in the UK for the first time for the 5th edition of the Ghana Music Awards.
According to them, it is a great experience adding that they are getting acquainted with the system and the people.
DopeNation told Doreen Avio that whether they win an award or not, it is a plus for them as musicians as it will further project their brand.
“If we get an award, it’s a plus for us, and if we don’t get an award, the journey continues, but most importantly we are here to connect so regardless of the main awards, our main concert is to be in the UK to connect with people especially Ghanaians”.
The ‘Zanku’ hitmakers stated that they want to give a spectacular show to fans and patrons on Saturday.
“The Ghana Music Awards UK is a prestigious event in the UK; it’s more like something we have been yearning for because we want to represent our country in other countries in the Ghanaian communities.
“Everyone should just come out and let’s have fun; it’s not something we have not done before, so we are just going to have fun; get your light and kerosene because DopeNation is going to light up the stage,” they said.
They also used the opportunity to thank Alordia Promotions and West Coast, organizers of the Ghana Music Awards UK, for welcoming them to the UK and ensure that they have everything to make their stay fun.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC Congress
- 796 flee Burkina Faso to Sissala West communities for fear of attack
- We only approved policy principle of 2023 Budget; not the taxes – Minority
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds
- Vodafone scoops 5 honours at National Communications Awards
- Oxford University partners Ghana Gold Expo to promote CSR