Audio By Carbonatix
The Security and Exchanges Commission (SEC) says it has so far received a total of 98,820 claims valued at ¢10.83 billion.
It says out of the 50 companies whose licences remain revoked, three did not have any claims filed against them, leaving 47 companies against whom claims were filed by affected clients.
As at last Thursday, SEC said it had full access to the records of 40 of the collapsed companies, partial access to one company and no access to the remaining six companies.
"Validation of the claims filed by the clients of the 40 companies where we have full access to their records has been completed," the Commission said in a release on Friday.
Regarding Blackshield Capital Management Limited, formerly Gold Coast Fund Management Limited, the Commission said it had partial access to records as the company provided excel data representing about 3% of claims filed by their clients.
"Blackshield Capital Management Limited initially failed to assist in locating the server for validation of the remaining 97% of claims till the intervention of law enforcement agencies; validation is ongoing.
"The claims filed against Blackshield Capital Management Limited totalled 82,204 and valued at ¢4.65 billion," it said.
The six companies that SEC does not have access to their records include Firstbanc Financial Services, Kripa Capital, EM Capital, Omega Capital, Nickel Keynesbury and Heritage Securities (Future PIP Management Ltd.).
"Validation of claims on Firstbanc Financial Services Limited is yet to commence because of their initial failure to cooperate with SEC and the filing of an application for an injunction pending appeal at the High Court.
"Claims filed against Firstbanc Financial Services Limited was 423 valued at ¢800 million. We are in the process of resolving the issues to get full access to the records of the remaining five firms. The claims filed against these five firms is 489 valued at ¢87 million," the Commission said.
The Securities and Exchange Commission is expected to commence payment of locked-up investments from September this year.
This will, however, cover 22 firms that it has been able to validate claims of its depositors.
Latest Stories
-
PAC urges Finance Ministry to conduct annual audits of gov’t arrears to curb financial irregularities
2 minutes -
S.K. Agyemang launches ‘Menpaebo’ album with Light Seekers
4 minutes -
Punishing perpetrators only way to end electoral violence — Asiedu Nketia
4 minutes -
KN Foundation, partners donate GHC20,000 and items to Nsawam Prison inmates
7 minutes -
Ghana Sports Fund will transform sports infrastructure within five to ten years — NSA boss
10 minutes -
GIB advocates deeper financial sector collaboration for growth
11 minutes -
Children must be supported to discover and develop their talents — Advocate
13 minutes -
One Nation Reggae Festival: Sierra Leone builds cultural bridge between Africa and the Caribbean
13 minutes -
New Metro Mass buses will improve safety, comfort and efficiency — Vice President
14 minutes -
Funny Face declares himself mental health advocate after recovery journey
22 minutes -
KN Foundation outreach: ‘This is not your permanent home’ – Okraku brings hope to Nsawam inmates
30 minutes -
Samson Deen sponsors Para Powerlifting team for African Championship qualification campaign
31 minutes -
Tolon NDC youth petition Asiedu Nketia over killing of party supporter ‘Alhaji’ Haruna Saibu
33 minutes -
Albert Teye wins Kia Ghana World Cup contest grand prize on Joy FM
40 minutes -
Transport Minister urges Metro Mass Transit to strengthen internal capacity for fleet expansion
48 minutes