Many people have criticized the National Executive of the National Democratic Congress for the sudden change in the Minority leadership in Parliament.
This has sparked debate among party members, as supporters of the removed leaders have taken to the streets to protest.
The National Chairman of the party, Johnson Asiedu Nketia, has clarified the reasons for the reshuffle, yet some members of the party have refuted the decision, demanding its reversal.
But an Executive Member of the party, Wonder Victor Kutor, has a different view.
He is of the opinion that the change may be in favour of the people involved.
Speaking on Prime Morning, Mr. Wonder Kutor asserted that there may be other plans by the leadership to elect Muntaka Mubarak as the campaign manager for the party.
“What if tomorrow leadership comes out and says that Hon. Muntaka is now the campaign manager for our next election? Is that not an elevation?” he quizzed.
He urged all party members to trust the decisions of the leadership, believing that they were for the betterment of the party.
Mr. Kutor has therefore opined that the press conference organized by the Muntaka Mohammed was uncalled for.
He went on to say that there is a possibility the former Minority leader will rally and support the new leadership, saying “he’s a very focused and humble person.”
The party stalwart further indicated that one could lose even if there was an election. He said it is normal for some people to disagree as it reveals the “beauty of democracy.”
He also entreated people to stop making comparisons between Haruna Iddrisu and Dr. Ato Forson, as the success of the party is not dependent on only two personalities.
Amid the recent reorganization and arguments, Mr. Kutor is confident that the party is prepared to win the 2024 elections over the NPP.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Livestream: PM Express discusses whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents