Some Ghanaians have taken to Twitter to share their expectations on the aftermath of today’s rainfall.
Just as reported in the news whenever there is massive rainfall, the users are awaiting the headline; ‘Accra flooded after hours of downpour’ on news portals.
They also shared videos of the heavy winds that preceded the rains today.
Some users were also excited to see the rains.
On September 2, 2021, some parts of Accra were flooded following more than five hours of rainfall.
There was gridlock in areas such as Tesano, Shiashie, Okponglo, where the roads were submerged, causing heavy traffic.
Also on Saturday, June 26, 2021, Accra experienced a 5-hour downpour. Some areas got flooded as a result.
The rains obstructed the flow of vehicular traffic on the Weija Barrier – West Hills Mall stretch of the Kasoa Highway, Haatso stretch, UPSA and Shiashie among other areas.
Many commuters were left stranded in traffic for hours. At Shiashie, some people left their cars in the flood because they were unable to drive through.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- Namibia braces for protests on Independence Day
- Ambulance case: Our client didn’t authorise LCs – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- Don’t be deterred by criticisms – Akufo-Addo urges EC
- UPSA names new hostel after national icon Nii Amon Kotei
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- T-bills auction: Government to raise ¢3.21bn this week
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey
- IMF lied about Covid-19, Ukraine war being cause of Ghana’s economic woes – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo still in campaign mode – Fifi Kwetey
- Reset your priorities – Sammy Gyamfi tells government