Black Avenue Muzik act, Sefa has revealed that some women make sexual advances towards her.
According to the young singer, it is strange and that the Ghanaian culture does not conform to same-sex relationships.
“Some women are like, are you into girls, I love you, I want to marry you and I will be like are you sure you want to marry here? It is crazy, sometimes I take it in a fun way and just brush it off, sometimes too when it gets too much, I just shut it down all together” she said.
Speaking to JoyNews’ Doreen Avio, the singer said although she is open-minded and does not believe in same-sex relationships, she sometimes ponders over the comments she receives from women who are sexually drawn to her.
“It is not something we [Ghanaians] believe in. It is also not something I personally believe in. And not something my parents believe in too.
“So I can’t take it another level or talk past another level. But I have to know that I leave in a world that whereby everybody cannot live according to my values and that the people that support my music, all cannot believe in what I believe in,” she added.
She said she does not guilt-trip such women into believing what their doing is uncouth but rather let’s them be aware that “this is not the kind person I am. I like men so it cannot work out”.
According to her, people who have expressed interests in her are not just limited to only men.
According to her, “Men are hunters, when they see something they like, they will go ahead with it. So it is up to you to know that this is not what I want for myself.
Advances from men she said, do spread rumours in the media.
Citing an example, she said in instances where a man proposes to sleep with her, and she declines, she is not bothered if the contrary circulates through the media, since it’s not true.
“That’s why I always say that it depends on you and how you stand on your grounds. Then you will be like, I’m a woman of my own, I can get this without sleeping with anybody”, she stressed.
Sefa has a new song titled ‘Echoke’ and it features Mr Drew.
- ‘You will not be Attorney General forever’ – Jinapor to Godfred Dame
- Parliament to pass stringent law to fight activities of LGBTQI+ – Bagbin
- Controversial Judgment Debt: Power Purchasing Agreement between Ghana and GPGC explained
- Kenneth Awotwe Darko: ‘I made a career out of telling stories of my pain’ – Why Omar Sterling’s album was worth the wait
- Xavier-Sosu introduces bill to secure compensation for victims of unlawful arrest, detention or conviction
- GPL wrap: Kotoko reclaim top spot after victory over Karela, Dreams climb into top 4
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- Judgment Debt saga: Nature of Power Purchasing Agreement signed exposed government to financial loss – AG
- Judgment debt saga: Ghana would have paid $1.76bn if the agreement was not terminated – Attorney General
- WAEC taking us to court over findings unfortunate – Africa Education Watch
Prosecute signatories to GPGC Power Purchasing Agreement – Dormaa East MP
Fire ravages Accra Academy dormitory destroying students’ belongings
Members of Appointment Committee were exempted from tree-planting exercise – Osei-Owusu reacts to Minority walkout
Majority dismisses Minority’s demand for re-vetting of 4 Deputy Ministers-designate
2 siblings who brandished guns in viral video granted bail for causing fear and alarm
Luv FM High School Debate: Prempeh College and St. Monica’s for the finals
Britney Spears speaks out against ‘abusive’ conservatorship at hearing
Volta Star Textile Limited inaugurates local union executives
I advocated introduction of Afrobeats category at VGMA – Kelvyn Boy
Recording studios were hard to find when I started music – Yaw Sarpong
Vien Health launched in Ghana to digitally ease doctor-patient access
Toddler feared drowned in Kumasi flood
Euros On MGL: Full last 16 line up as England face Germany
Euros On MGL: Germany book England last-16 date after Hungary draw
Okyeman accuses police of aiding sand winning in Akyem Abuakwa