A woman was charged with prostitution after reporting a client for only paying half of his bill.
The woman had been put in touch with the Saudi client, 25, through a WhatsApp number that advertises prostitution.
“The WhatsApp number belongs to a woman who runs a brothel and I have contacted her previously,” the man told police.
Prior to visiting the UAE on October 12, the man contacted the brothel and arranged for a woman to meet him at his hotel room in Dubai.
Chats retrieved by police from his iPhone X showed that he had agreed to pay Dh1,200 for the woman, 22, from Morocco.
The woman arrived at his hotel room in Al Qusais and spent nearly three hours with him, consuming alcohol and having sex. When she wanted to leave, she said the man only gave her Dh600.
When he refused to pay any more, the woman called the police and reported him.
Police arrived at the hotel room and apprehended the couple.
Several video recordings on both of their mobile phones proved that the two engaged in intimate relations.
They were both charged with having consensual sex outside of wedlock and consuming alcohol.
The woman was additionally charged with prostitution.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Roadside bomb kills several police officers in east Kenya
- Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner took in at least $135m in 2019
- Hong Kong suspends controversial extradition bill after mass protests
- Outrage in Tanzania over wig and hair extension tax
- Christchuch attack suspect pleads not guilty
- Kenyan MP arrested 'for slapping female colleague'
- German court rules mass-killing of male chicks legal
- Mexico says sale of presidential plane will curb illegal migration
- Gabon appoints white British conservationist as forestry and environment minister
- Public protector confirms Ramaphosa is implicated in Bosasa probe
- Russia has dropped charges against a journalist after protests
- Trump accidentally reveals Mexico migrant plan
- Ebola outbreak spreads to child in Uganda
- Chemical castration: Alabama enacts new paedophile law
- Woman gives birth, sits exams 30 minutes later