A woman was charged with prostitution after reporting a client for only paying half of his bill.
The woman had been put in touch with the Saudi client, 25, through a WhatsApp number that advertises prostitution.
“The WhatsApp number belongs to a woman who runs a brothel and I have contacted her previously,” the man told police.
Prior to visiting the UAE on October 12, the man contacted the brothel and arranged for a woman to meet him at his hotel room in Dubai.
Chats retrieved by police from his iPhone X showed that he had agreed to pay Dh1,200 for the woman, 22, from Morocco.
The woman arrived at his hotel room in Al Qusais and spent nearly three hours with him, consuming alcohol and having sex. When she wanted to leave, she said the man only gave her Dh600.
When he refused to pay any more, the woman called the police and reported him.
Police arrived at the hotel room and apprehended the couple.
Several video recordings on both of their mobile phones proved that the two engaged in intimate relations.
They were both charged with having consensual sex outside of wedlock and consuming alcohol.
The woman was additionally charged with prostitution.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Ronaldo accepts €18.8m deal over tax evasion
- George Weah's Liberia scorecard one year on
- Taliban militants kill dozens at Afghan intelligence base
- Zimbabwe leader abandons trip amid unrest
- Former president Zuma signs controversial record deal
- Kenya 'repels al-Shabab attack'
- Zimbabwe: South Africa refused $1.2bn emergency loan request
- US shutdown: Trump angered by Democrats' rejection of 'compromise'
- 8 killed in attack on UN peacekeepers in Mali
- Trump offers 'compromise' to end shutdown
- DR Congo opposition calls for protests
- Blast at Mexico pipeline kills at least 21
- Entire Burkina Faso government resigns
- Hundreds detained after Zimbabwe protests
- George Bush delivers pizza to his Secret Service detail as shutdown nears one month