Executive Board Chairperson of Coconut Grove Hotels, Mrs. Yvonne Nduom, has been Awarded a Life Time Award In Hospitality Investment by the Ghana Tourism Authority at last Friday's Tourism Awards Night for 2012.
Mrs. Nduom, who is a share holder with the husband, Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom, in the chain of hotels, comes on the heels of Coconut Grove Beach Resort and Conference Center, Elmina, established since 1994, chalking 20 years in the hospitality Industry in Ghana.
The award is in recognition of Mrs. Nduom's contributions in proactively developing the hospitality and tourism sector in Ghana.
Currently, Coconut Grove Hotels has five facilities comprising Coconut Grove Beach Resort and Conference Center in Elmina, Coconut Grove Bridge House in Elmina, Coconut Grove Village in Elmina, Coconut Grove Lodge in Obuasi and Coconut Grove Regency Hotel in Accra.
Papa Wassa Chiefy Nduom, the third son of Mrs. Nduom and Vice President of the hotels, received the award on behalf of his mother.
Mrs. Nduom, an accomplished management specialist, was born in Elmina in the Central Region of Ghana.
She is a graduate of the University of Cape Coast with a BA in English.
She also holds a Master's Degree in Education Administration and Supervision from the University of Wisconsin, USA.
She has held several management positions in organizations including TRS Hobbies in Wisconsin, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin and the National Rural Energy Cooperative Association (NRECA) of Washington, DC, USA.
Mrs. Nduom is also the founder of Sterling Management Services, a management services training and development company.
Sterling Management Services has provided management training services to companies including Unilever, Standard Charted Bank, Merchant Bank, Nestle and Ghana Airways.
Mrs. Nduom is married to Dr. Nduom since 1976, and the couple have four beautiful and successful children and three grand children.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Govt secures record bids for its Eurobond
- Turkish gov’t to scale up investment to $1b with special interest in Agric, Tourism
- Vodafone Ghana launches 4G services
- Nestle Ghana achieves 12.8% volume growth in 2018
- MTN launches 8th edition of Twin City Fest
- Time to invest in Africa is now – Bawumia woos investors
- Boeing expects 737 Max software fix by end of March
- Gov't expresses confidence in insurance recapitalisation process
- Accra Mall to introduce Family Club
- Eurobond pricing expected on Tuesday as Ofori-Atta ends London Roadshow
- Tony Elumelu Foundation to announce selected entrepreneurs for 2019 programme
- RE: Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- MTN Ghana enhances data experience for customers with 4G+ service
- Nothing in life happens by chance – MTN boss tells youth
- Ghana benefiting from hedged gold prices