Executive Board Chairperson of Coconut Grove Hotels, Mrs. Yvonne Nduom, has been Awarded a Life Time Award In Hospitality Investment by the Ghana Tourism Authority at last Friday's Tourism Awards Night for 2012.
Mrs. Nduom, who is a share holder with the husband, Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom, in the chain of hotels, comes on the heels of Coconut Grove Beach Resort and Conference Center, Elmina, established since 1994, chalking 20 years in the hospitality Industry in Ghana.
The award is in recognition of Mrs. Nduom's contributions in proactively developing the hospitality and tourism sector in Ghana.
Currently, Coconut Grove Hotels has five facilities comprising Coconut Grove Beach Resort and Conference Center in Elmina, Coconut Grove Bridge House in Elmina, Coconut Grove Village in Elmina, Coconut Grove Lodge in Obuasi and Coconut Grove Regency Hotel in Accra.
Papa Wassa Chiefy Nduom, the third son of Mrs. Nduom and Vice President of the hotels, received the award on behalf of his mother.
Mrs. Nduom, an accomplished management specialist, was born in Elmina in the Central Region of Ghana.
She is a graduate of the University of Cape Coast with a BA in English.
She also holds a Master's Degree in Education Administration and Supervision from the University of Wisconsin, USA.
She has held several management positions in organizations including TRS Hobbies in Wisconsin, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin and the National Rural Energy Cooperative Association (NRECA) of Washington, DC, USA.
Mrs. Nduom is also the founder of Sterling Management Services, a management services training and development company.
Sterling Management Services has provided management training services to companies including Unilever, Standard Charted Bank, Merchant Bank, Nestle and Ghana Airways.
Mrs. Nduom is married to Dr. Nduom since 1976, and the couple have four beautiful and successful children and three grand children.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Africa Investment Forum exceeds expectations, participants unanimously agree
- GRA imposes customs duty, taxes on duty-free shops effective December 1
- Why Ghana needs a national airline
- Porsche launches third generation Cayenne in Accra
- SoftBank wants to raise $21 billion in one of world's biggest IPOs
- CaB Royale partners KsTU for Autodesk technology, training
- Gold Coast pays 3,000 structured finance customers
- Alibaba Singles Day sales frenzy surpasses records
- If you want to save your life, eat locally-produced poultry
- Africa agribusiness, a $1 trillion business by 2030
- Chemico Ltd introduces new insecticides to fight fall armyworms
- Capitalisation needless if cedi continues to depreciate—Dr. Atuahene
- Introduce agriculture insurance for rice farmers – stakeholders
- Gov’t to broaden tax net, rope in more people
- KMA to upgrade facilities at Rattray Park