Telecom operator, AirtelTigo, has teamed up with smartphone maker Samsung to launch the “Life Just Got Lit” smartphone campaign aimed to fulfil the digital aspirations of millions of Ghanaians.
Under the partnership, new and existing customers will get a free AirtelTigo package which includes a new SIM card, minutes to call AirtelTigo lines and data for the purchase of any Samsung phone or tablet in AirtelTigo shops and Samsung partner shops nationwide.
The free data and voice minutes for each customer will vary according to the price of the Samsung phone purchased and will be awarded every month for a whole year.
For instance, for the purchase of a ¢500 phone, a customer will get a 1GB data which does not expire and 1,000 minutes to call AirtelTigo lines free, monthly for the next 12 months.
To enjoy the free data and voice minutes, customers will have to dial *536# to activate the offer for the first month and recharge their lines with ¢2 and above every month.
Commenting on the partnership, the Chief Executive Officer for AirtelTigo, Mitwa Ng’ambi, said, “Entering 2019, we recognize and acknowledge that digitization is a major agenda item for this nation and we are continuously seeking ways in which we can support the acceleration of smartphone adoption in Ghana.
“Our analysis shows that there is still a huge opportunity for growth when it comes to smartphone adoption in the country and we are delighted to partner with Samsung on this drive to get more smartphones into the hands of Ghanaians.”
The Managing Director for Samsung Ghana, Eugene Nahm, said, “As a technology company, Samsung wants to be at the forefront of driving the digitalization of citizens by connecting them to the world.
“This partnership is for today’s Ghanaian as enjoying the ultimate smartphone experience should be for everyone not a select few and that is why we at Samsung have an array of Smartphones - “The Samsung Galaxy”- for every Ghanaian regardless of their pocket.”
“This year marks 10 years of Galaxy, of relentless and meaningful innovations that have shaped and will continue to define the mobile industry and we are proud.
“For us at Samsung, this partnership with AirtelTigo has come at the right time and we are excited to be part of growing Ghanaians digitally through the “Life Just Got Lit” campaign,” he stated.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- GES-SIC Life launch insurance policy for teachers
- Western North: Cocoa farmers, landowners meet over controversial lease pact
- Police pick up GUTA executives over trade fracas with foreigners
- US billionaires' group calls for wealth tax
- Vodafone’s unveils new offer that allows you to share data in the family
- Zimbabwe ends decade of dollarisation in new currency reform
- China: Africa projects should be sustainable, denounces criticism
- Foreign MoMo operators must have 30% local participation to secure license – BoG
- Special Prosecutor, CHRAJ to assist PIAC to fight misuse of petroleum funds
- KPMG appoints new Senior Partner
- Gov’t gives boost to livestock industry with 'Rearing for Food and Jobs' programme
- Standard Chartered, GCX sign MoU to support farmers
- Premier picks Health Insurance Brand of the Year 2018
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new drink-drive module
- Access Bank unveils new logo; targets unbanked population through financial technology