Musician Emmanuel Nana Appiah Boateng, popularly known as Kontihene, has married his heartthrob Dulcie Omane Boateng at a colourful wedding ceremony.
The hiplife musician, known for several hit songs including 'Aketesia', told Myjoyonline.com in an interview that the wedding which came off at Sheila's Executive Lodge, Sunyani, in the Brong Ahafo region, on Saturday, January 18, was a memorable one for him.
He explained that contrary to speculations, the wedding wasn't a private one and that he chose Sunyani because Dulcie's family resides there.
Kontihene said he had known his wife, whom he described as "my good friend", for eight years before dating her for another year in the United States of America.
He held the view that, it is prudent to marry a good friend and not someone "you claim to love."
"Find a friend who understands you because marriage is a journey. Find someone who can support you when the going is though," the musician added.
Touching on their honeymoon, Kontihene said "I am a typical Ashanti man" and that he does not really believe in "honeymoon".
He said he had to quickly get back to work after the wedding and may consider the honeymoon at a later date.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Francis Agyei drops 'Ilona' video ahead of album launch
- Video: Osibisa's Teddy Osei blesses Wiyaala
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert
- I never said if Shatta Wale organizes awards, Stonebwoy will win ‘Best Dancehall Artiste’ - Ponobiom
- Instinct Wave, HG Concepts set to premiere comedy movie ‘Jacob’
- Video: I went through trials for 10 years - Papa Shee
- Video: Popular musician stuck inside married woman during sex
- We serve you ‘hot’ Adonko for Christmas– Kev, Grenade
- Corporate Kumasi thrilled at first-ever Luv FM-Royal Golf Club ‘Business and Banter’ hang-out
- Sarkodie bashes brainwashed African leaders
- Kwaw Kese to stop smoking in 2019
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee