Hiplife musician Gasmilla, known in real life as Milla Lamptey, is lamenting that organizers of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) have ignored his hard work as a musician.
Gasmilla believes the VGMA organizers have been unfair in failing to recognize his work.
The 'Telemo' hitmaker made the comments when he was on Hits FM's Showbiz Review with Mic Gizo. He was answering questions on why he has never had any music awards nominations.
He said, “in a way, they've never been fair to me but I'm a hard worker, I'm a studio rat but I'll keep coming regardless and a time will come that they won't have a choice but to give all to me but if you think these are bangers, wait for what I'm bringing.”
Continuing, the ‘International Fisherman’, who is almost always away in the UK playing shows, disclosed that there are lots of shows for artistes in the UK because that county is the second country aside Ghana that loves 'Azonto'.
He however stated that he was never going to settle in the UK like some artistes who get a huge following there do because he is a king in Ghana.
He said, “never because I miss the 'kenkey', my friends, the studio where I have fun. All these make me want to come home so the longest I can stay in the UK is a month or two.”
Gasmilla, who now seems to have the mantel of 'Ga Rap King' passed on from Tinny and Screwface said, “I believe kings are born and from my first song, people call me king of 'Azonto'. I was born a king and I believe I've been destined for greatness.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win