Ghanaian dancehall artiste, Mykell O’mint, popularly known as Jupitar, says he is disappointed with comments by international reggae artiste, Luciano, that dancehall artistes do not have a future.
According to Jupitar, he was disappointed that a reggae artiste from Jamaica who has been out of the limelight would come to Ghana and say things that seek to undermine dancehall artistes.
The international reggae singer, Luciano said on the ‘Taxi Driver’ show on Hitz FM with Blakk Rasta that dancehall artistes tend to lose their way over time citing dancehall acts Vybz Kartel and Tommy Lee.
According to Luciano, some countries do not give opportunities to some dancehall artistes due to their bad behavior.
“Dancehall music was there long ago and I will not be the one to stop it but make sure you don't mislead people. Reggae turn but Dancehall burn up! Don't lose your way. Don't lose your way I say," Luciano said.
But the ‘Enemies’ hit-maker disagreed with Luciano saying music is about talent and dancehall music inspires people whereas reggae songs are about love.
“My songs are made to inspire people aside the love aspect,” he stated.
He added that it is disrespectful for Luciano to come to Ghana to make such comments.
“The fact that I am a dancehall artiste doesn’t mean I should go against the reggae people,” Jupitar added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards