Ghanaian dancehall artiste, Mykell O’mint, popularly known as Jupitar, says he is disappointed with comments by international reggae artiste, Luciano, that dancehall artistes do not have a future.
According to Jupitar, he was disappointed that a reggae artiste from Jamaica who has been out of the limelight would come to Ghana and say things that seek to undermine dancehall artistes.
The international reggae singer, Luciano said on the ‘Taxi Driver’ show on Hitz FM with Blakk Rasta that dancehall artistes tend to lose their way over time citing dancehall acts Vybz Kartel and Tommy Lee.
According to Luciano, some countries do not give opportunities to some dancehall artistes due to their bad behavior.
“Dancehall music was there long ago and I will not be the one to stop it but make sure you don't mislead people. Reggae turn but Dancehall burn up! Don't lose your way. Don't lose your way I say," Luciano said.
But the ‘Enemies’ hit-maker disagreed with Luciano saying music is about talent and dancehall music inspires people whereas reggae songs are about love.
“My songs are made to inspire people aside the love aspect,” he stated.
He added that it is disrespectful for Luciano to come to Ghana to make such comments.
“The fact that I am a dancehall artiste doesn’t mean I should go against the reggae people,” Jupitar added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos
- Okyeame Kwame’s album launch, a truly Made-In-Ghana show
- Sarkodie celebrates mother’s birthday with lovely message, photos
- Non-stop live band performance rocks Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning