Actor Chris Attoh has married again after his first marriage to Nigerian actress, Damilola Adegbite, crashed in 2017.
The actor married his new love, Bettie Jenifer, on Saturday, October 6, at a private ceremony in North Kaneshie, a suburb of Accra.
The event was attended by a handful of family and friend of Chris and his love.
Not much is known about the actor’s new wife but sources say, Bettie is a Caribbean based in the United States of America.
Shortly after the wedding, Chris shared photos of the ceremony thanking God for making it possible.
“I want to thank God for his love and for hearing my prayers, indeed when the sun appears, all things are suddenly seen with clarity!!! Thank you Jesus, thank you lord!!! ❤️❤️❤️” he said.
Chris Attoh married Damilola Adegbite in 2015
In 2015, Chris and Damilola tied the knot after meeting in the television series, Tinsel, set. They have a son, Brian, together.
After a series of denials that their marriage had hit the rocks, it was finally confirmed in 2017 that they were no longer together.
Damilola recently revealed that her marriage to Chris has taught her some lessons she hopes never to repeat.
According to her, even though she is not ready to marry again now, she won’t repeat the mistakes from that marriage.
Asked if she has plans of marrying again anytime soon, she told Punch that, “Of course, why not? I never say never. This time, I will be looking out for a man; he has to be a man (in the real sense of the word).
“I don't try to foresee things as I prefer to live in the moment. I learnt a lot from my past experience (in marriage) and I may have to write a book about it.”
She added that “There are quite a lot of things and I wouldn't want to single out one. If I single it out, it may seem like the most important one when it's not so; they are all very important.”
Shortly after it became public knowledge that they were no longer together Chris Attoh explained that the reason most marriages don't work is that “we” have forgotten what the fundamentals of marriage are.
“When you love someone it is important to be able to forgive, to be able to respect, to be able to submit. As a woman, you need to trust the captain of the ship. It's really important if you want peace in your home,” he said.
He noted that he does not regret marrying the Nigerian actress. “I believe that life is too short for regrets and everything happens for a reason. I have a beautiful baby boy. I have a wealth of experience and I have a lot of work to do.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards