Ghanaian celebrity, Kwasi Kyei Darkwa alias K.K.D has been arrested by the police for alleged rape offence, Joy News has learnt.
Sources at the Airport Police Station confirmed the arrest of the showbiz personality but details of his arrest have been sketchy.
Joy News Kwakye Afreh Nuamah reports from the Airpot Police Station where the celebrity is being held that the suspect "walked out of cell" to write his final statement after his lawyer, Nana Asante Bediatuo visited him.
Nana Asante Bediatuo has refused to make any pronouncement on the case, Afreh reported.
KKD as he is popularly known, is reported to have denied the charge against him by his unnamed victim.
Afreh also reported spotting the lady who has accused KKD at the station, as well as his cousin and celebrity, Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Rumors I'm planning an attack untrue – Reagent of Dagbon
- Bullet lodged in police officer's eye in armed robbery attack
- Manso-Nkwanta: 7 killed by police not armed robbers - Gov't
- The shipwreck that created a culture
- 'Human Spider' banned from climbing any UK building
- Today's front pages
- You can now travel across Morocco on Africa’s First High-speed train
- 3 arrested over Asiwa police chief attack
- Pantang Hospital JHS pupil wins Aspire to Bee spelling competition
- 'Dead' man turns up two months after burial
- Asiwa police chief shot, in critical condition
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?