Ghanaian celebrity, Kwasi Kyei Darkwa alias K.K.D has been arrested by the police for alleged rape offence, Joy News has learnt.
Sources at the Airport Police Station confirmed the arrest of the showbiz personality but details of his arrest have been sketchy.
Joy News Kwakye Afreh Nuamah reports from the Airpot Police Station where the celebrity is being held that the suspect "walked out of cell" to write his final statement after his lawyer, Nana Asante Bediatuo visited him.
Nana Asante Bediatuo has refused to make any pronouncement on the case, Afreh reported.
KKD as he is popularly known, is reported to have denied the charge against him by his unnamed victim.
Afreh also reported spotting the lady who has accused KKD at the station, as well as his cousin and celebrity, Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking
- The Watchman: The documentaries of Ghana’s Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NSMQ2019: Another girl school falls as Kumaca strolls into quarter-finals