Ghanaian celebrity, Kwasi Kyei Darkwa alias K.K.D has been arrested by the police for alleged rape offence, Joy News has learnt.
Sources at the Airport Police Station confirmed the arrest of the showbiz personality but details of his arrest have been sketchy.
Joy News Kwakye Afreh Nuamah reports from the Airpot Police Station where the celebrity is being held that the suspect "walked out of cell" to write his final statement after his lawyer, Nana Asante Bediatuo visited him.
Nana Asante Bediatuo has refused to make any pronouncement on the case, Afreh reported.
KKD as he is popularly known, is reported to have denied the charge against him by his unnamed victim.
Afreh also reported spotting the lady who has accused KKD at the station, as well as his cousin and celebrity, Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making