The construction of a 500- bed military hospital at Afari in the Ashanti Region is at an advance stage, as contractors promise to deliver the project in October this year.
Sixty percent of work has already been completed, with structural work accounting for the other 40 percent.
The multi-million dollar project being funded by government of Ghana is set to become the second military hospital after 37 Military Hospital in Accra.
It is expected to boost healthcare delivery when it becomes operational.
Besides, the main structure, the administration block, outpatients department, a dental clinic and pharmacy department are all at an advance stages of construction.
“God willing, this work will be commissioned by October this year,” Administrator of the construction firm undertaking the project, Baba Anaba assures.
In a related development, work is also progressing on a 250-bed regional hospital at Sawua in the Bosomtwe District and a 60-bed capacity Konongo Hospital project.
After initial challenges of access to back-filling materials, engineers say 70 percent of civil works is complete at the Konongo Hospital project.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 3 arrested for murdering 14-yr-old for ritual purposes
- Estate manager denies killer of GPHA manager came through gate
- Bosomtwe collapsed bridge hampering economic activities
- Infographic: How Menzgold crumbled to pieces
- Michel Camp explosions: Military will not relocate
- Gov’t advocates for more Forestry Commission resources
- Over 70 AK47 assault rifles illegally stashed at Alavanyo - Police
- PHOTOS: Michel Camp armoury explosions send ammunition into homes
- 2 nabbed in Kumasi for dealing in fake vehicle number plates
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Angel-Zoe Foundation donates to James Camp Prison, Borstal Home
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years