President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has appointed a young entrepreneur and communications expert Fatimatu Abubakar as Deputy Communications Director at the Office of the President.
The appointment is line with Section 14 (2) of the Presidential (Transition) Act, 2012 which mandates the President to appoint people to serve in his government in writing.
By the appointment, Madam Abubakar is expected to serve in an acting capacity pending approval by the yet-to-be sworn in Council of State.
"I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your appointment," the President said in a letter.
Biography of Fatimatu Abubakar:
Fatimatu Abubakar, 30, hails from Garu in the Upper East Region. She is an LL.B Degree student at Mountcrest University College at Kanda, Accra.
She is a member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Communications Team. She was a Campaign Aide to the President during the 2016 general elections.
Fatimatu holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and English Language from the University of Ghana, Legon. She is a former student leader in the capacity of Vice President of Akuafo Hall Junior Common Room in 2008. She also contested for the Coordinating Secretary of the National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS) in 2010.
She has varying experiences in the hospitality industry and public relations. She worked as a House Manager of the Lansdown Resort. She also worked at the Danquah Institute and SRM Engineering.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert
- Full document: Controversial MoH, Zipline medical drone agreement
- Ethiopian Airlines launches services to Manchester
- New book, “Made in Ghana” to be launched Friday
- Zimbabwean nabbed with 7kg cocaine
- “Russia’s most advanced robot” turns out to be man in robot suit
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Medical drones: Doctor rebukes govt’s “face-saving”, “propagandist” meeting with GMA