Ghanaian Criminologist, Professor Ken Attafuah has been appointed as the acting Executive Secretary of the National Identification Authority (NIA).
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in a statement dated January 27 charged the law lecturer to superintend over the Authority until an exhaustive consultation is done with the appropriate bodies.
"May I take this opportunity to congratulate you formally on your appointment," the President said.
The Dean of Faculty of law at the Central University has been asked to indicate his acceptance or otherwise of the appointment.
Prof Attafuah was formerly the Executive Secretary of the NIA under the erstwhile President John Agyekum Kufuor's administration.
He is a mediator, management consultant with an impeccable human rights advocacy record. He is the Managing Solicitor of Ken Attafuah Law Place based in Accra.
He was the Executive Secretary of the National Reconciliation Commission set up by former President Kufuor to heal wounds caused by previous governments.
He was also the Director of Ghana's anti-corruption agency, Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Making Accra cleanest city in Africa by 2020: Akufo-Addo making progress?
- Obuasi alive with clients exhibition, trade show
- SONA 2019: Toilets provision evidence of $1m for each constituency pledge
- Photo of the week: The Rawlings-Akufo-Addo bromance continues
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding