Ghanaian Criminologist, Professor Ken Attafuah has been appointed as the acting Executive Secretary of the National Identification Authority (NIA).
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in a statement dated January 27 charged the law lecturer to superintend over the Authority until an exhaustive consultation is done with the appropriate bodies.
"May I take this opportunity to congratulate you formally on your appointment," the President said.
The Dean of Faculty of law at the Central University has been asked to indicate his acceptance or otherwise of the appointment.
Prof Attafuah was formerly the Executive Secretary of the NIA under the erstwhile President John Agyekum Kufuor's administration.
He is a mediator, management consultant with an impeccable human rights advocacy record. He is the Managing Solicitor of Ken Attafuah Law Place based in Accra.
He was the Executive Secretary of the National Reconciliation Commission set up by former President Kufuor to heal wounds caused by previous governments.
He was also the Director of Ghana's anti-corruption agency, Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here