The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has charged the six contractors working on the six footbridges on the Madina-Adentan Highway to ensure that the constructions works are completed on schedule.
The President made this comment after he paid a visit to the Madina-Adentan highway to inspect ongoing works on the bridges as part of his 3-day tour of the Greater Accra Region on Wednesday, December 5.
The six contractors working on the bridges, located at Firestone, Zongo Junction, Redco, Ritz Junction, SDA Junction, and Adenta, assured the President of the completion of the project within a period of six months.
This action comes after some residents lost their lives while others sustained injuries when using the Madina-Adentan highway.
Residents went on a demonstration when a first-year senior high school student lost her life on Thursday, November 8 while crossing the road.
The Ministry of Roads and Highways, acting through the Ghana Highway Authority, selected six contractors for the award of contracts for construction of the access ramps, under a certificate of urgency.
The contractors are Fekams Co. Ltd., Highbrains Construction Co. Ltd., Joshob Construction Co. Ltd., First Sky Ltd., Justmoh Construction Limited, and Core Construction.
President Akufo-Addo on his tour, also commissioned the new ultra-modern head office of the Accra Metropolitan Authority, with former mayors of Accra, Nii Amarkai Amarteifio, Nat Nunoo Amarteifio, Solomon Ofei, Stanley Nii Adjiri Blankson, and Alfred Oko Vanderpuije, in attendance.
He again commissioned a multi-purpose astro turf mini-stadium and community centre at Sukura, in the Ablekuma Central constituency.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank support farmers in four districts
- Process&Plant, Chint donate solar plant to Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Alliance for Science pushes for passage of Plant Breeders Bill into law
- Two arrested for attempting to cast spell on Akufo-Addo
- 60-year-old graduate is 2018 National Best Farmer