The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has charged the six contractors working on the six footbridges on the Madina-Adentan Highway to ensure that the constructions works are completed on schedule.
The President made this comment after he paid a visit to the Madina-Adentan highway to inspect ongoing works on the bridges as part of his 3-day tour of the Greater Accra Region on Wednesday, December 5.
The six contractors working on the bridges, located at Firestone, Zongo Junction, Redco, Ritz Junction, SDA Junction, and Adenta, assured the President of the completion of the project within a period of six months.
This action comes after some residents lost their lives while others sustained injuries when using the Madina-Adentan highway.
Residents went on a demonstration when a first-year senior high school student lost her life on Thursday, November 8 while crossing the road.
The Ministry of Roads and Highways, acting through the Ghana Highway Authority, selected six contractors for the award of contracts for construction of the access ramps, under a certificate of urgency.
The contractors are Fekams Co. Ltd., Highbrains Construction Co. Ltd., Joshob Construction Co. Ltd., First Sky Ltd., Justmoh Construction Limited, and Core Construction.
President Akufo-Addo on his tour, also commissioned the new ultra-modern head office of the Accra Metropolitan Authority, with former mayors of Accra, Nii Amarkai Amarteifio, Nat Nunoo Amarteifio, Solomon Ofei, Stanley Nii Adjiri Blankson, and Alfred Oko Vanderpuije, in attendance.
He again commissioned a multi-purpose astro turf mini-stadium and community centre at Sukura, in the Ablekuma Central constituency.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day