Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia left the country on Wednesday on the invitation of two top Business universities in the U.S.
He will be the Keynote Speaker at the Columbia University’s Annual Economic Forum in New York City, as well as the Chicago University’s Booth Business School’s 2019 Emerging Market Summit.
During his stay in the U.S., Dr. Bawumia will also travel to Dallas, Texas to interact with the Ghanaian community there.
Last month, the Vice President was the Inspirational Speaker at the graduation ceremony for the 2019 Humanities and Law graduates of the University of Buckingham.
He graduated with First Class Honours Degree in Economics from the same university in 1987.
Dr. Bawumia is expected back in Accra on Tuesday.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day