The Marketing and Public Affairs Manager at the Tema Port, Josephine Asante, has been stabbed to death at her residence at community 25 in Tema.
The incident according to a source at Ghana Ports and Harbour Authority (GPHA), occurred last night after the deceased had returned from a Senior Staff party.
Madam Asante is alleged to have been attacked in her bedroom soon after she returned from the party on Saturday night.
The source at GPHA noted that after the gory attack, the attacker or attackers locked her inside her bedroom and threw the keys unto the compound.
Occupants of the house according to sources, are said to have discovered the body in the morning after they saw the keys to the deceased’s bedroom on the compound.
“The deceased’s child and other occupants of the house in the morning found the keys to her bedroom on the compound and upon opening the room they found her in a pool of blood. The children raised an alarm which drew some neighbours to the scene”.
It is however not clear who is behind the attack and the exact time the incident might have occurred, as the deceased’s child and other occupants of the house did not notice her arrival to the house after the party.
Though the deceased’s laptop computer, phones, jewellery and other important accessories were exposed, the assailant did not take anything.
The deceased’s 12-year-old son has, however, been moved from the house by the management of GPHA.
Some staff of GPHA have trooped to the residence of the deceased as management is working with the police to convey the body to the morgue for the commencement of investigations into the incident.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day