The Ghana National Petroleum Company (GNPC) Foundation has secured a scholarship package for students in fishing and rural communities.
The deal signed by Dominic Eduah (PhD), the Executive Director of the GNPC Foundation with Lovely Professional University (LPU) in India, will offer 50 percent discount on fees paid for students by the Foundation to pursue courses in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Lovely Professional University is the largest university in India with one of the best Educational Infrastructures in the world. The school, situated on a 600 acre land, has state of the art facilities to rival the best universities in world.
After the signing ceremony, Mr. Eduah who was accompanied by a board member of GNPC Foundation, Johnson Ben Oduro met with the Ghanaian student union in the school who shared their experience since enrolling in the school.
The President of the union was happy their colleagues in rural communities will have the opportunity to join them and make Ghana proud.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in
- Kissi Agyebeng replaces Date-Bah at Electronic Communications Tribunal
- 2 traders in critical condition after gunmen lay siege to highway
- Smart learning and national experience centre project to be introduced in Ghana
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- SMT Ghana launches Volvo Truck traffic safety campaign
- Voltic launches plastic buy-back project at La