Tragedy befell a family at Jema in the Kintampo South District of the Bono East Region when two siblings were washed away by rainwater in a gutter during a downpour that hit the town on Wednesday.
The siblings, Adwoa Fosua, eight, and George Koranteng, four, were playing in the rain at about 3:30 p.m. when they were dragged by the strong current of the rainwater.
The lifeless bodies of the two, which were retrieved by the police and a team of local people, have been deposited at the Jema Hospital Morgue awaiting autopsy.
The Bono Regional Police Public Relations Officer (PRO), Chief Inspector Augustine Kingsley Oppong, confirmed the incident to The Mirror and explained that the police received a call informing them that Fosua and Koranteng had been washed away during the rainstorm.
He said the police followed up and together with a team of the local people at the far end of the gutter, retrieved the lifeless bodies of the siblings.
“We were informed that the two children were playing outside their house when the incident happened,” he stated.
Reports from the town indicate that the downpour happened suddenly and made it difficult for the children who were playing outside their house to escape.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism
- Kidnappers of Canadian women demanded $800k ransom
- Gun-toting primary 3 student released on bail for threatening headmaster
- Gov't to increase research funding for tertiary teachers
- Unemployed jailed 15 years for robbing MoMo merchant
- MPs aid strangers to breach security - Deputy Speaker
- Myjoyonline week in pictures: And the 2 Canadians were rescued!
- Kidnapped Canadians: Kenyasi-Achiase residents receives death threats
- Ghanaian, 2 Nigerians freed from Trinidad & Tobago jail - thanks to Akufo-Addo