The Director of Communications at the Presidency, Eugene Arhin, on Monday, paid a surprise visit to Muslims in Awutu Bawjiase in the Awutu Senya West constituency in the Central region.
As part of the visit, the Presidential Staffer also donated some items, including rice, sugar, mats, plastic kettles and unspecified amounts of money to the Muslim Community.
The gesture was part of his efforts to support Muslims during this period of fasting and prayers
Upon reaching Bawjiase, Eugene Arhin, who was accompanied by some constituency executives of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), first called on the Zongo Chief (Sarikin), Alhaji Mohammed Muniru’s palace to inform him and elders of the area of his mission.
From then he proceeded to the Bawjiase Central mosque where he met the Imam, Abass Adams Siesay, and other elders of the Muslim community, where he made another donation.
The Imam and his elders prayed for the Eugene Arhin and asked for God’s blessings upon him
The chiefs used the occasion to plead for the construction of drains (gutters) in the area, with Eugene promising to do what he can within his means to help address their concerns.
The Director of Communications asked for prayers for the nation, President Akufo-Addo, the Member of Parliament, George Andah, the Chief Executive for the District as well as for himself.
He equally took the opportunity to advise the youth of the area to remain united and support the good works of President Akufo-Addo and the NPP government.
On the issue of jobs for the youth as was raised by the elders, the Director of Communication indicated his willingness to assist them in landing opportunities in the several employment modules government has and continues to roll out.
Eugene Arhin later visited the home of the late Kojo Oppey Abbey, a former NPP Member of Parliament of the area, to commiserate with the widow and the immediate family on the passing of their kinsman.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ2019 Day 2 wrap: Kumasi derby that broke KASS hearts, kick seeded school out
- Thought-provoking quotes from Joy FM's Super Morning Show
- NaCCA finalizes ‘anti-corruption’ integrity education manual for students
- Former Dep minister's son found dead in Manhattan
- NSMQ2019: 1pt difference as OWASS dumps KASS, OKESS in Kumasi derby
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills visits Archbishop of Canterbury
- 3 arrested for robbing fetish priest, kidnapping son
- Kindergarten pupil dies after falling in septic tank
- Chinese suspect in banned Rosewood trade re-arrested
- Asantehene destools second chief in a week
- NSMQ2019: How St Ignatius used 'Problem of the Day' to kick out a seeded school
- Pepsodent supports SOS Children Village Founder’s Day
- March to decriminalise marijuana gets EFL support
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Over 98% of ABFA cash pumped into free SHS in 2018 – Report