The National Treasurer for the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Alhaji Abdullah Ahmed Abdulla, has accused the party’s General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia of dictatorship.
He said the General Secretary has arrogated powers to himself and takes unilateral decision for Ghana’s main opposition party.
The conduct of Mr. Asiedu Nketia, Alhaji Abdullah noted has affected the party’s fortune.
“Asiedu Nketia is very proud. He has given small children in the party a chance to speak to some of us anyhow. If we don’t take care they will destroy the party.
“Asiedu Nketia is always quick to judge and always quick to spoil one’s name in the party when you disagree with decisions he takes. He has even taken the position of the chairman and so everything he says is final,” he alleged on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, Wednesday.
Asked if he will vote for Asiedu Nketia during their upcoming primaries, he said: “If they bring losers in the elections, they will continue to lose”.
This notwithstanding, he said he has no regrets being a member of the NDC.
“I joined the party because the love I have for the party and Jerry John Rawlings and there is no way I have regrets regardless of the attitude of the leadership, he said.
Listen to Alhaji Abdullah speaking on Asempa FM:
The leading opposition party is preparing to go to Congress on November 17, to elect new leaders for the next four years.
Johnson Asiedu Nketia is being contested by his deputy, Koku Anyidoho, a firebrand and also former Communications Director at the Presidency.
The Congress will take place at the Fantasy Dome at the Trade Faire Centre, La, in the Greater Accra Region.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Volta Region well represented in NDC – Sammy Gyamfi
- Akufo-Addo’s first-half is over; time for your SCORECARD
- 2020: NDC needs consensus, not unity – Political Scientist
- "My son Anyidoho's decision to contest me not betrayal" - Asiedu Nketia
- "Days of NDC disunity over" – Asiedu Nketia
- NDC decides: Here are the winners and losers
- NDC contestant's name missing on ballot paper
- NDC decides: Ofosu Ampofo whips Abodakpi to lead NDC
- No Voltarian in the game, NDC must think about it - Anita De-Soso loses
- Video: Koku's attempt to oust Asiedu Nketia wrong - Ade Coker
- NPP can't teach NDC how to elect leaders - Agyenim Boateng jabs
- Never try to oust your boss – Ade Coker advises after Koku’s defeat
- Photos: Day 2 of NDC National Delegates Congress
- NDC decides: 'Asiedu Nketia shows Koku his level' with 5,000 gap
- 2019 budget will create more jobs for the youth