The National Treasurer for the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Alhaji Abdullah Ahmed Abdulla, has accused the party’s General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia of dictatorship.
He said the General Secretary has arrogated powers to himself and takes unilateral decision for Ghana’s main opposition party.
The conduct of Mr. Asiedu Nketia, Alhaji Abdullah noted has affected the party’s fortune.
“Asiedu Nketia is very proud. He has given small children in the party a chance to speak to some of us anyhow. If we don’t take care they will destroy the party.
“Asiedu Nketia is always quick to judge and always quick to spoil one’s name in the party when you disagree with decisions he takes. He has even taken the position of the chairman and so everything he says is final,” he alleged on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, Wednesday.
Asked if he will vote for Asiedu Nketia during their upcoming primaries, he said: “If they bring losers in the elections, they will continue to lose”.
This notwithstanding, he said he has no regrets being a member of the NDC.
“I joined the party because the love I have for the party and Jerry John Rawlings and there is no way I have regrets regardless of the attitude of the leadership, he said.
Listen to Alhaji Abdullah speaking on Asempa FM:
The leading opposition party is preparing to go to Congress on November 17, to elect new leaders for the next four years.
Johnson Asiedu Nketia is being contested by his deputy, Koku Anyidoho, a firebrand and also former Communications Director at the Presidency.
The Congress will take place at the Fantasy Dome at the Trade Faire Centre, La, in the Greater Accra Region.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ghana Airport Company MD removed
- My exit from BoG escalated activities of Menzgold - Fmr Deputy Governor
- Jasikan hyped as preferred capital for Oti Region
- Undercover investigator killing: Gov't charges police to speed up investigations
- NDC agrees to revise presidential primaries guidelines
- Video: NDC, NPP lock horns over Menzgold
- NDC diverted 100 vehicles meant for Education Ministry for party activities
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election
- Help us end chieftaincy disputes – Ga Traditional Council pleads with Akufo-Addo
- NDC MPs supporting Mahama out of gratitude - Bagbin
- NAM 1 arrest: More questions than answers
- Ablakwa wants bi-partisan parliamentary inquiry into Menzgold saga