A philanthropist and resident of the Mfantseman constituency of the Central Region, Mr. James Korsah-Brown has promised to take Mfantseman constituency to the international level, by helping to move the area from its present Agric dominant microeconomy to an industrial area.
This forms part of efforts to make the area an industrial hub following its precedence of being a raw material producing area, supply raw salt, kaolin, clay, palm fruits, etc to industry.
According to him, plans are underway to rebrand Mfantseman constituency so that whoever comes from Mfantseman will have that kind of respected brand.
Mr Korsah-Brown, who is an international trade and finance expert managing over 200 companies in Ghana under a portfolio indicated that, Mfantseman has a very rich history.
He made his intentions known when he stormed Wraba community in the Mfantseman constituency with his team to commission a ¢20,000 water project for the people of the area.
The project would help solve the water supply challenges of the area and the neighbouring communities of which school children are the most affected.
Mr. Korsah Brown has embarked on a project to distribute school bags and sandals to needy children in the constituency as well as constructing mechanised boreholes, training youth on entrepreneurial skills, rehabilitation of school blocks among others.
He is also chasing his dream to become a Member of Parliament (MP) for Mfantseman constituency.
according to him, he will change the phase of the area if he gets the nod to serve the people in the area.
On his part, the Chief of Woraba and Nkusukum Mankrado Traditional Area, Nana Okofo Ataapim Kweenu IX commended Mr. Korsah- Brown for his numerous developmental projects.
He strongly believed Korsah Brown’s good works would lead him to realise his political dream.
Nana Okofo Kweenu noted that the gesture shown by the philanthropist cum businessman would help reduce the pain people go through in search of potable water daily.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Canadian girls' rescue: No ransom negotiations occurred - Baako backs gov't
- Is gov't trying to gag security capos? - Security analyst quizzes
- Akufo-Addo's policies to fight corruption unmatched in 4th Republic – Bawumia
- Oda NPP gets Nissan Pickup to boost activities
- Deputy Speaker cautions MPs against lying about attendance
- Parliament 'tightens' security following attempted suicide
- Canadian girls kidnap: Education Ministry PRO in trouble over Facebook post
- 15 MPs found to abandon work after ‘clocking in’
- Ghana could have female leader soon - Akufo-Addo
- EC sets new date for limited voters’ registration exercise
- Lolobi, Akpafu chiefs fight inclusion in Oti region
- NDC urges calm among supporters following Chairman’s arrest
- EC gets cleared to go ahead with Limited Registration Exercise
- Don't incite public against legislators - Speaker reacts to controversial survey
- Photos: Ambassador to Italy presents letters of credence to Italian President