Black Queens forward Portia Boakye has been shortlisted for the CAF Women’s Player of the year.
The Fabulous Ladies striker rose to prominence when she scored the winning goal that secured gold for the Black Queens at the All African Games in Congo-Brazzaville.
Boakye has been an ever present in the Black Queens since 2014 playing all games in the African Women’s Championship.
The Ghana international will face stiff opposition from Cameroonians Gabrielle Onguene and Gaelle Enganamouit as well as Nigerian Ngozi Ebere and Ivorian N’rehy Tia Ines.
The Black Queens themselves are in contention for the 2015 CAF Women National Team of the Year.
In the race are South Africa’s Bayana Bayana and Cameroon whom the Queens’ met four times this calendar year.
Zimbabwe are the fourth female national team shortlisted by the CAF Technical Group.
The winner will be decided by votes from the CAF Media Committee and announced by the Glo-CAF Awards Gala scheduled for Thursday, January 7, 2016 in Abuja, Nigeria.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot