Black Queens forward Portia Boakye has been shortlisted for the CAF Women’s Player of the year.
The Fabulous Ladies striker rose to prominence when she scored the winning goal that secured gold for the Black Queens at the All African Games in Congo-Brazzaville.
Boakye has been an ever present in the Black Queens since 2014 playing all games in the African Women’s Championship.
The Ghana international will face stiff opposition from Cameroonians Gabrielle Onguene and Gaelle Enganamouit as well as Nigerian Ngozi Ebere and Ivorian N’rehy Tia Ines.
The Black Queens themselves are in contention for the 2015 CAF Women National Team of the Year.
In the race are South Africa’s Bayana Bayana and Cameroon whom the Queens’ met four times this calendar year.
Zimbabwe are the fourth female national team shortlisted by the CAF Technical Group.
The winner will be decided by votes from the CAF Media Committee and announced by the Glo-CAF Awards Gala scheduled for Thursday, January 7, 2016 in Abuja, Nigeria.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams