Black Queens forward Portia Boakye has been shortlisted for the CAF Women’s Player of the year.
The Fabulous Ladies striker rose to prominence when she scored the winning goal that secured gold for the Black Queens at the All African Games in Congo-Brazzaville.
Boakye has been an ever present in the Black Queens since 2014 playing all games in the African Women’s Championship.
The Ghana international will face stiff opposition from Cameroonians Gabrielle Onguene and Gaelle Enganamouit as well as Nigerian Ngozi Ebere and Ivorian N’rehy Tia Ines.
The Black Queens themselves are in contention for the 2015 CAF Women National Team of the Year.
In the race are South Africa’s Bayana Bayana and Cameroon whom the Queens’ met four times this calendar year.
Zimbabwe are the fourth female national team shortlisted by the CAF Technical Group.
The winner will be decided by votes from the CAF Media Committee and announced by the Glo-CAF Awards Gala scheduled for Thursday, January 7, 2016 in Abuja, Nigeria.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mali secure first U-20 AFCON title on penalties
- Jeffrey Schlupp scores as Palace march on in FA Cup
- Basketball Africa League: Professional competition to launch in 2020
- Afriyie Acquah scores as Empoli beat Sassuolo in Serie A
- Mission International School, Happy Days Academy dominate Joy Kids Olympics second leg
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: Barca striker burgled during La Liga debut vs Valladolid
- Sergio Ramos and his 25 Real Madrid red cards: a retrospective
- Ramos sent off as Real Madrid suffer shock home loss to Girona
- I was destined to be world champion - Commey
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores one penalty but misses another in Barca win
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey