Cameroon players refused to train on Monday in Gabon over bonuses row.
The Indomitable Lions are demanding bonuses that are in dimension to their performance in the quarterfinal against Senegal where they stunned the favourites 5-4 on post match penalties.
Reports from the camp indicate that Hugo Broos’ men are demanding 12 million CFA francs per player as a qualification bonus for the quarterfinals and semifinals respectively.
The government had offered the players 10 million CFA francs per player after the initial plan of less than 4million CFA francs an amount that squad captain Benjamin Moukandjo and his team mates termed as unacceptable.
The players have demanded that the government meet their demands by paying the full amount before they can go back to training to prepare for semi-finals in Franceville on Thursday against Ghana.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United
- Ivory Coast v South Africa: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat