Telecommunication giant, MTN Ghana, has for the third time in a row supported the annual South African Freedom Day Golf tournament held to mark the celebrations in Ghana.
The tournament, which has been running for the last six years, seeks to bring together competing golfers from both Ghanaian and South African Communities to play Golf and network in a multicultural environment.
Organised by Global Media Alliance (GMA), this year’s event is scheduled to take place at the Celebrity Golf Course in Sakumono on Saturday.
Speaking ahead of the tourney, the Ag Chief Marketing Officer for MTN, Guido Sopiimeh, said, “MTN is honoured to partner the South African community to celebrate their great day with the much-awaited golf tournament.
“Being a part of this tournament has been wonderful in previous years and we look forward to a great competition this year.”
According to him, partnering the tournament is a great opportunity to share in the excitement and history of South Africa’s Freedom Day Celebrations in Ghana.
“We are an African multinational Company with a passion to contribute to leading the delivery of a bold new digital world to our customers in Africa and beyond. Over the years, we have massively invested and diligently supported Sports, Fitness and Entertainment in Ghana,” he added.
Freedom Day is an annual celebration of South Africa's first non-racial democratic elections of 1994. Peace, unity, the preservation and the restoration of human dignity hallmark Freedom Day Celebrations on April 27 each year.
Special Guest of Honour for the event is the South African High Commissioner to Ghana, Lulama Xingwana.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele
- Hazard unveiled to Real Madrid fans – ‘I’m here to win titles’
- 2019 AFCON: Algeria drops player for exposing 'buttocks' in video