Former WBO World super bantamweight titlist, Isaac "Royal Storm" Dogboe, is reportedly closing in on a deal for a rematch with Mexico's Emanuel Navarrete in the second quarter of 2019 which is expected to be featured on Top Rank’s programming on ESPN.
According to Ringtv.com, Dogboe will be hoping to avenge a painful loss on December 8, 2018, that ended his eight-month reign as world champion having snatched the title from Jessie Magdaleno.
Dogboe (20-1, 14 KOs) lost unanimously to Navarrete (26-1, 22 KOs) in the Ghanaian's second title defence of his WBO World super bantamweight belt on December 8 in New York.
Dogboe (20-1, 14 KOs) was a rising star before he met Navarrete after displaying vast power in his last three bouts prior to the loss. He stopped Cesar Juarez in five rounds to earn the title shot, then knocked out Jessie Magdaleno in a breakthrough performance on ESPN to claim the belt.
The 24-year-old defended it with a first-round stoppage victory over Hidenori Otake in September and earned a long-term contract with Top Rank.
Dogboe will need to avenge his loss to Navarrete to continue with the plans Top Rank had to develop him into an attraction in the coming years.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support
- Solskjaer will get financial backing to 'create success' at Man United
- Thomas Partey could join Inter, claims agent
- Man City referred to UEFA judicial chamber over alleged FFP breaches
- FIFA seeks a billion World Cup viewers to boost women's game