The Black Queens of Ghana have failed to defend their WAFU Zone B title after losing 4-2 on penalties to Nigeria in the semi-finals on Thursday night.
After a goalless stalemate in regulation time, it had to be decided on penalties and the Super Falcons came up tops.
They converted four of their five penalty kicks with Ghana missing two and scoring two.
Both teams met at the same stage last year with Ghana emerging as winners through penalties and eventually won the competition.
Nigeria will now play host Ivory Coast in the final of the tournament this weekend.
However, coach of Black Queens, Mercy Quarcoo Tagoe will feel proud of her team, having fought so hard to reach this stage.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Copa America: Martinez cracker helps Colombia past Argentina
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele
- Hazard unveiled to Real Madrid fans – ‘I’m here to win titles’
- 2019 AFCON: Algeria drops player for exposing 'buttocks' in video