Two suspects have been arrested by the Ejura police in connection with the murder of a social media activist, Ibrahim Mohammed.
The suspects include Ibrahim Issaka alias Anyaas and Fuseini Alhassan.
Ejura Police, FPU, SWAT Team and 4BN Regiment in Kumasi effected the arrest at about 10:45 pm on Monday upon a tip-off.
The suspects have been dispatched to Asante Mampong Police Command to assist with investigations.
Sources say the suspect attempted to flee out of the town when the police arrested them.
The suspects are alleged to be bodyguards of the Ejura Municipal Chief Executive.
The deceased is said to have been attacked on Saturday dawn for asking for a better Ejura through social media activism.
He was repeatedly struck in the head with objects until he lost consciousness.
Some angry youth who are demanding justice for Ibrahim Mohammed have since gone on a rampage over the death.
The angry youth burnt tyres on some major streets as a sign of anger following the death their colleague.
Kaaka is expected to be buried later today at the Ejura Cemetery.
Meanwhile, #FixTheCountry conveners are also demanding justice following his demise.
In a press release, the Conveners alleged that the deceased had been receiving threats from alleged bodyguards of the Ejura Sekyeredumase MCE who claimed Mr Mohammed’s activities on social media was making government unpopular in the area.
- The licensed sex predator (Part 1): Divorce, rape of suicidal woman
- All you need to know about the $2bn Sinohydro deal
- Government sued over Kumasi Technical University’s sale of 9 cars
- Takoradi woman in alleged fake pregnancy and kidnap saga gets bail
- World Cup Qualifiers: Milovan Rajevac names first squad following return
- Preview: Total Recall: Where is the $2bn Sinohydro money?
- Total Recall: Where is the $2bn Sinohydro money?
- ‘Ayew KiDi’n Mee?’ – Fans make memes out of footballers’ names
- Ejura murder probe: Committee makes 10 recommendations for government’s consideration
- Burna Boy raps Black Sherif’s Second Sermon word for word
Man dies after building collapsed on him at Bibiani
Man butchers 2 people at Saltpond after failed attempt to steal
Mental health problems linked to poor housing system
Two robbers shot dead, illegal arms supplier arrested
Sinohydro Deal: Drawing $100million doesn’t change the difficulties we are in – Ato Forson to government
100 good lawyers are better than having 6 million lousy lawyers – Sophia Akuffo
15 persons injured in road crash near Kpone barrier
Burna Boy raps Black Sherif’s Second Sermon word for word
Enroll childhood cancer treatment on the NHIS – NGO urges Government
Playback: PM Express discusses $2billion Sinohydro deal
MasterCard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses at KNUST
Traders decry odour from Kumasi Central Prison toilet
R. Kelly found guilty on all counts in sex-trafficking trial
Ecobank Ghana, People’s Pension Trust launch new pension scheme
Will Smith says Jada Pinkett Smith wasn’t the only one who had an extramarital relationship