Ghana’s under-20 team, the Black Satellites have been drawn alongside Tanzania, Gambia and Morocco in Group C of the 2021 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations.
The draw took place in Yaoundé́, Cameroon on Monday morning.
Group B comprises Burkina Faso, Tunisia, Namibia and Central African Republic.
Host nation Mauritania are in Group A with Cameroon, Uganda and Mozambique.
The Black Satellites start their campaign against Tanzania, before playing Morocco in the second group game.
Head coach of the side, Karim Zito told Joy Sports he is confident Ghana will stand heads and shoulders above the rest in the group and progress.
“It’s going to be tough but we can sail through. We are in a group of champions but I can say that Ghana will qualify.”
The tournament will take place from February 14 – March 4, 2021.
- We need a hospital built purposely for MPs – Henry Quartey
- Parliament passes 3 new taxes
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac
- Managers of Hillburi hotel arrested for alleged power theft
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Trump indictment: A simple guide to what it means
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Son of murdered Mujipe chief reveals names of assailants
- Playback: Newsfile discuss constitutional review on 4th Joy Change-Speakers
- Investing in the Grassroots: Dr. Duffuor unveils plan for salary structure and pension fund
- Adansi Travel partners Emirates for Dubai Tour
- Stalled GETFund projects hamper progress of Gbewaa college
- Ahafo youth benefit from Newmont Ghana construction workers training
- Article 71 must be deleted entirely from the constitution – Inusah Fuseini
- MPs must not be appointed Ministers – Brigitte Dzorgbenuku
- Afriyie-Ankrah chairs UG-SRC’s 65th-anniversary celebration launch
- Prestea ‘galamseyers’ serve notice of a ‘deadly’ demo against mining firm
- Azumah Nelson wishes Isaac Dogboe well ahead of WBO Featherweight bout
- ‘I have never seen any nation built out of angels’ – Barker-Vormawor
- Joy Change-Speakers Series: A constitution of our making – Oliver Barker-Vormawor
- Shamima Muslim: Why not you?
- We cannot be fixated over constitutional longevity – Barker-Vormawor
- We need to advance inclusive politics by proportional representation in government – Pof. Agyeman-Duah
- Joy Speaker Series: – Brigitte Dzogbenuku’s case for constitutional review